australian authorities battle 2 natural disasters
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Australian authorities battle 2 natural disasters

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice Australian authorities battle 2 natural disasters

Natural disasters in Australia
Sydney - XINHUA

Australian authorities on Thursday are battling two separate and devastating natural disasters on opposite sides of the country, both of which are threatening lives and property.

An out of control wildfire, or bushfire as it's known in Australia is currently burning 100 kilometers south of Perth in Western Australia state that is threatening lives and homes.

Australian authorities have told local media the fire started by a lightning strike on Tuesday morning, which after being fanned by strong winds up to 60 kilometers per hour, has so far burnt through 11,000 hectares.

Weather conditions for the area are expected to be hot and humid with temperatures reaching upwards of 39 degrees Celsius, hampering the efforts of fire-fighters.

Melissa Young from the small town of Waroona that has been under threat from the fire told Australia's national broadcaster on Thursday she did not hesitate to evacuate when told to, however other residents have stayed.

"They were just out on their balconies watching the flames and watching it go past and hoping its not going to take their house," Young told the ABC.

"The ash is coming into the backyards and into the fences and the smoke's getting really think so it was just time to get out, it's not worth it, it's not worth your life."

Meanwhile on the opposite side of Australia the New South Wales state is suffering from wild winds, heavy rains and major flooding that has trapped 20 campers following a large low pressure weather system that has smashed records.

Emergency services have been forced to suspend rescue efforts on Wednesday after the Wollombi Brook and Hunter rivers swelled, forcing evacuations at nearby Raymond Terrace, approximately 160 kilometers north of Sydney.

It is believed authorities will try to drop food and supplies to those trapped, including five children, in a remote section of a national park using boats, however rescue efforts will have to wait.

"We're not trying to get them out; there's no way we want to transport people across a flooded river," NSW State Emergency Services incident controller Ashley Sullivan said.

The region recorded its wettest January day on Wednesday since records began from a 201mm downpour.

The low pressure system is also hampering marine rescue efforts for a 60-year-old man who was swept off his yacht while returning from an offshore race after a wave struck the vessel in wild seas off the coast of Port Stephens, 200 kilometers north of Sydney.

The missing man's crew had searched for their crewman however sailed to the nearest port on the advice of rescuers, local media reported. Australia's maritime authorities so far are fielded 10 calls for assistance from the storm.

 

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

australian authorities battle 2 natural disasters australian authorities battle 2 natural disasters

 



Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

australian authorities battle 2 natural disasters australian authorities battle 2 natural disasters

 



GMT 09:58 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon four

GMT 10:16 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon five

GMT 11:03 2018 Tuesday ,23 January

No end to eyesores at Taj Mahal

GMT 07:40 2018 Monday ,15 January

C&A fashion chain eyes sale to Chinese investors

GMT 10:30 2017 Thursday ,02 November

Britain’s Aston Martin is performing

GMT 11:30 2017 Saturday ,02 September

Chinese Vice-Premier leaves the Country

GMT 00:48 2011 Thursday ,06 October

Modern fairy tale unfolds in London

GMT 09:30 2017 Thursday ,21 September

21 ISIS militant were killed in suicide attack in Hama

GMT 23:45 2018 Tuesday ,23 January

Europe in the pink of health, feels Bjorn

GMT 13:16 2018 Friday ,19 January

Rafael Nadal into fourth round of Australian Open

GMT 18:10 2016 Monday ,31 October

PTI supporters planned to occupy secretariat

GMT 07:08 2017 Thursday ,21 December

Blinded in one eye, Syrian baby becomes symbol of siege

GMT 12:01 2017 Sunday ,17 December

S.Africa's troubled ANC meets to elect new leader

GMT 19:26 2013 Friday ,29 November

Bosch plans 110 car service centres in GCC

GMT 12:51 2017 Monday ,08 May

1 in 8 road deaths is a child in Oman

GMT 01:23 2017 Sunday ,28 May

RAK's tourism sector on a roll

GMT 17:20 2011 Thursday ,11 August

Moroccans flying EA increase
 
 Emirates Voice Facebook,emirates voice facebook  Emirates Voice Twitter,emirates voice twitter Emirates Voice Rss,emirates voice rss  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

emiratesvoieen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen
emiratesvoice emiratesvoice emiratesvoice
emiratesvoice
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice