angola orders gulenlinked turkish school to close
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Angola orders Gulen-linked Turkish school to close

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice Angola orders Gulen-linked Turkish school to close

Luanda - Arab Today

Angola has ordered the closure of a school linked to the Gulen movement, which is blamed by Turkey for a July coup attempt, an official source said on Wednesday.
Luanda also expelled all of the Turkish staff working at the Colegio Esperanca Internacional (Coespi) and their families — 66 people in total — saying that the closure was for “national security reasons.”
The Hizmet movement which ran the school is linked to US-based cleric Fethullah Gulen and operates schools across the world, including in Africa.
Turkish President Recep Tayipp Erdogan has rallied African leaders on the continent to help him fight Gulen’s influence, lobbying hard against his longtime rival’s African network during a recent visit to the continent.
The schools are popular among Africa’s middle classes and are often rated as some of the best performing where they operate.
Turkish officials accuse Gulen of using his vast private education network to build influence and of running a “parallel state” inside Turkey that attempted to topple Erdogan during a failed coup on July 15.
Gulen, a former Erdogan ally, vehemently denies the allegations. A reclusive figure, he has lived in self-imposed exile in Pennsylvania since 1999.
Hizmet describes itself as promoting Islam through charity efforts and educational work from Turkey to countries in Africa and central Asia as well as the US.
In the decree signed by President Eduardo dos Santos and seen by AFP, Angola’s long-time ruler said that the closure was to “protect the well-being and security of the citizens... and territorial integrity.”
All of the Turkish staff linked to the school and their families have already been removed from Angola, an official source said.
Coespi was the only school linked to the Gulen movement in Angola and had 750 students aged between five and 14 years old.
Morocco has also closed all Gulen-linked schools in the Kingdom since January.
Last week, Angolan Interior Minister Angelo de Veiga Tavares defended the closure during an interview on state TV, saying that it was a “sovereign” decision for Luanda to take.
“The Angolan government decision has nothing to do with pressure from other countries,” he said.

Source: Arab News

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

angola orders gulenlinked turkish school to close angola orders gulenlinked turkish school to close

 



Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

angola orders gulenlinked turkish school to close angola orders gulenlinked turkish school to close

 



GMT 09:58 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon four

GMT 10:16 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon five

GMT 10:22 2018 Wednesday ,24 January

Kabul hotel guests describe lax security

GMT 15:25 2017 Monday ,18 December

Uber struggles to make inroads in Japan

GMT 16:21 2016 Friday ,26 August

Haifa Beseisso: A global citizen on a mission

GMT 15:36 2017 Thursday ,22 June

'Do good at Sunset' charity drive in Jumeirah

GMT 13:04 2017 Tuesday ,14 February

How sleep deprivation affect your work

GMT 22:36 2016 Wednesday ,06 January

Chipotle norovirus outbreak under US criminal probe

GMT 10:08 2018 Wednesday ,24 January

Microsoft to open 4 data centres

GMT 19:15 2018 Tuesday ,23 January

Emirati fined Dh2.2m for embezzling public funds

GMT 04:36 2018 Monday ,22 January

centre-left backs formal coalition talks

GMT 03:41 2016 Thursday ,30 June

UK banks 'well placed' to manage Brexit fallout

GMT 07:36 2017 Friday ,27 October

Federal National Council playing a sterling role

GMT 11:13 2017 Wednesday ,15 February

Barcelona shell-shocked after PSG hammering

GMT 09:10 2017 Tuesday ,07 March

Smaller bats, sendings-off among new cricket laws

GMT 11:41 2017 Wednesday ,01 November

A Dubai entrepreneur is inspired by her love of travel

GMT 07:46 2017 Saturday ,11 November

Houthi commander was killed in Yemen’s Hodeidah

GMT 21:40 2015 Wednesday ,13 May

Highly-rated young Dane dies

GMT 08:31 2016 Thursday ,21 January

Tunisia police disperse new protest

GMT 05:46 2012 Friday ,06 July

Al-Assad is still digging!

GMT 10:25 2012 Thursday ,02 February

QOIC discloses statements
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
 
 Emirates Voice Facebook,emirates voice facebook  Emirates Voice Twitter,emirates voice twitter Emirates Voice Rss,emirates voice rss  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

emiratesvoieen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen
emiratesvoice emiratesvoice emiratesvoice
emiratesvoice
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice