The first fragment recovered from a meteor that exploded over central Russia last week has arrived in Moscow for analysis, officials say. "This is the first piece, but it's not the only one our colleagues collected," Mikhail Nazarov, head of the science laboratory doing the analysis, told RIA Novosti. After being weighed and photographed the fragment will undergo a detailed analysis, he said. A shock wave shattered windows, damaged buildings and injured more than 1,000 people, when the estimated 50-foot meteor exploded over the city of Chelyabinsk Feb. 15. Fragments of the meteor have been found under a 25-foot-wide hole in the ice covering the region's Lake Chebarkul, scientists said this week.
GMT 20:46 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
New app to help Indians apply for UAE jobs visaGMT 21:37 2018 Sunday ,14 January
Champagne box-sized satellite launchedGMT 21:32 2018 Sunday ,14 January
Man's best friend goes high techGMT 16:11 2018 Friday ,12 January
UAE Research Programme for Rain Enhancement Science leads the way to new scientific and technological horizonsGMT 09:35 2018 Tuesday ,09 January
SpaceX launches secretive Zuma missionGMT 21:38 2018 Friday ,05 January
Our reliance on technology is having an effect on us allGMT 07:47 2017 Sunday ,24 December
China jails VPN owner for over five yearsGMT 20:59 2017 Saturday ,25 November
Now make unlimited voice, video calls in UAE for Dh50

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor