Boeing evacuated some 500 employees from a plant in Pennsylvania on Tuesday after a reported bomb threat on the 11th anniversary of the September 11 attacks. \"Early this morning round about 7:30 am (1130 GMT) Boeing received notification of a threat at one of its facilities at Ridley Park,\" Boeing spokesman Damian Mills told AFP. \"In the interest of safety, we evacuated employees, notified the local authorities and contacted Delaware County Police,\" the spokesman said. Neither Mills nor the police would comment on US media reports that a note was left in a bathroom at the Ridley Park facility claiming explosives had been planted in one of the hangars. The Boeing spokesman said the first shift had now been suspended on the south side of the plant but that they were planning to run the second shift as normal, from around 2:30 pm (1830 GMT). \"I am not able to confirm any more details about the nature of the threat,\" Mills said. The Ridley Park plant manufactures the H-47 Chinook helicopter.
GMT 00:49 2018 Wednesday ,24 January
Positive aviation sentiments fuel MRO industry's growthGMT 00:21 2018 Wednesday ,24 January
UAE airports face less stress from new US cargo regulationsGMT 20:06 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Pakistan offers visa on arrival to tourists from 24 countriesGMT 22:40 2018 Monday ,22 January
RAK Police air wing carry out 135 rescue operationsGMT 21:59 2018 Monday ,22 January
Honduras roads blocked in protestsGMT 19:22 2018 Monday ,22 January
Accidents, traffic jams clog Dubai roadsGMT 17:34 2018 Monday ,22 January
Man charged for assaulting police officer at Dubai airportGMT 17:03 2018 Monday ,22 January
Gulf Air launches Bahrain tourist visa service

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor