evacuations aid resume in syria\s homs
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

After being suspended for a day

Evacuations, aid resume in Syria\'s Homs

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice Evacuations, aid resume in Syria\'s Homs

Syrian civilians are evacuated during humanitarian operation in Homs
Damascus - Arab Today

Syrian civilians are evacuated during humanitarian operation in Homs Operations to evacuate civilians from besieged parts of Syria's Homs and deliver aid resumed on Wednesday after being suspended for a day, the provincial governor told AFP. "At 11:00 am (0900 GMT), food aid was able to enter the Old City of Homs," Talal Barazi told AFP.
"The vehicles that are taking in the aid will bring out a number of civilians, including 20 Christians from the Bustan al-Diwan neighbourhood," he added.
The Syrian Red Crescent said earlier Wednesday that a group of families from Bustan al-Diwan had requested evacuation but no safe route out had yet been found for them.
Humanitarian operations targeting besieged neighbourhoods of the Old City of Homs began on Friday, after the UN mediated an agreement and a ceasefire between the government and opposition.
Since then, more than 1,150 people have been evacuated, many suffering malnutrition after surviving on little more than olives and wild plants after food supplies dwindled during a siege of more than 18 months.
Aid is also being taken into the besieged districts, which are under rebel control, including food parcels and wheat provided by the World Food Programme.
On Tuesday, Barazi said operations had been suspended due to unspecified "logistical difficulties".
An estimated 3,000 people had been trapped in parts of the central city of Homs, much of which has been devastated by ongoing violence between rebels and the army.
Humanitarian groups have welcomed the operations, but the UN expressed concern on Tuesday about the fate of hundreds of men and boys taken for questioning by authorities after being evacuated.
A spokeswoman for the UN's refugee agency UNHCR said 336 male evacuees aged between 15 and 55 had been taken in for questioning.
A total of 42 were released, but the remainder were still in the hands of the authorities, she said.
Source: AFP

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

evacuations aid resume in syria\s homs evacuations aid resume in syria\s homs

 



Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

evacuations aid resume in syria\s homs evacuations aid resume in syria\s homs

 



GMT 10:18 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon seven

GMT 09:58 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon four

GMT 10:16 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon five

GMT 05:14 2024 Wednesday ,07 February

Sophisticated Classic Dining Room Design Ideas

GMT 05:17 2024 Wednesday ,07 February

Amazon to open first cashierless shop

GMT 13:32 2016 Monday ,17 October

Turkey to take part in Mosul operation

GMT 08:22 2017 Sunday ,10 September

King of cool vs. king of bling

GMT 07:06 2017 Wednesday ,10 May

UAE artistic scene enhanced due

GMT 07:23 2016 Thursday ,19 May

New museum will 'preserve Palestinian memory'

GMT 12:02 2015 Tuesday ,29 September

Climate goal closer as UN pressure builds

GMT 10:06 2017 Thursday ,26 October

Passengers face new security interviews
 
 Emirates Voice Facebook,emirates voice facebook  Emirates Voice Twitter,emirates voice twitter Emirates Voice Rss,emirates voice rss  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

emiratesvoieen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen
emiratesvoice emiratesvoice emiratesvoice
emiratesvoice
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice