homs governor says detained evacuees to be freed
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Without specifying how many would be released

Homs governor says detained evacuees to be freed

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice Homs governor says detained evacuees to be freed

Syrian civilian is carried by aid workers after being evacuated from Homs
Damascus - Arab Today

Syrian civilian is carried by aid workers after being evacuated from Homs Men arrested by the Syrian authorities after being evacuated from besieged districts of Homs under a UN-brokered ceasefire will be released on Thursday, the provincial governor said. "Young men aged between 18 and 54 will be freed today (Thursday)," Talal Barazi told AFP, without specifying how many would be released.
Barazi said a total of 390 men of weapons-bearing age had been detained for interrogation after being evacuated from rebel-held districts of the country's third city.
He said on Wednesday that 111 had been released, though there was no immediate confirmation from the UN, which had earlier said 42 had been freed.
Anti-regime activists say they fear arrest if they leave the rebel-controlled enclaves.
"The regime has said it would release men after they had been screened, and we expect them to keep that pledge," a US State Department spokesman said in Washington on Wednesday.
"Given the regime’s past actions, the international community cannot take this for granted and needs to monitor the fate of these men," Edgar Vasquez said.
Barazi said aid deliveries to civilians trapped in the Old City and further evacuations will be suspended on Thursday in the expectation of a truce being extended.
An estimated 3,000 civilians are trapped in besieged neighbourhoods of the city.
A UN-supervised operation to distribute aid and evacuate civilians from a handful of rebel neighbourhoods in the heart of Homs began on Friday.
The deal between rebels and the regime allowing the evacuation made no mention of whether men of military age could leave.
The United Nations refugee agency UNHCR said on Tuesday that 336 detained men had been taken to a UN-supervised site for questioning by the authorities.
The humanitarian operation "will not take place today. The ceasefire must be extended from tomorrow (Friday) for three days," Barazi told AFP.
Since last Friday, 1,417 people have been given safe passage out of Homs.
The evacuations were carried out and aid sent in despite the ceasefire being violated several times and 14 people killed in shelling.
"The regime should know that the world is watching with deep concern what is taking place in Homs and the status of these male evacuees," Vasquez said.
"Any attempt to arbitrarily detain them will not go unnoticed."
Source: AFP

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

homs governor says detained evacuees to be freed homs governor says detained evacuees to be freed

 



Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

homs governor says detained evacuees to be freed homs governor says detained evacuees to be freed

 



GMT 10:18 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon seven

GMT 09:58 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon four

GMT 10:16 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon five

GMT 06:15 2018 Tuesday ,23 January

Volkswagen clinches record sales

GMT 09:54 2018 Wednesday ,24 January

'Friendly and kind' N. Korean skaters

GMT 10:18 2018 Thursday ,30 August

Iran incapable of closing Hormuz, Bab Al Mandeb

GMT 11:38 2017 Tuesday ,14 November

Barrett gets shot at World Rugby award double

GMT 22:28 2011 Thursday ,10 February

The intermingling of the domestic and the foreign

GMT 06:38 2017 Monday ,21 August

First eclipse in 99 years to sweep North America

GMT 06:59 2017 Saturday ,13 May

King's support at Windsor

GMT 08:12 2017 Sunday ,19 November

EU-Mercosur free-trade pact supporters push for deal

GMT 08:23 2012 Saturday ,18 February

Pop star Katy Perry will donate

GMT 05:11 2013 Sunday ,29 December

Lea Michele to release solo album

GMT 07:02 2011 Sunday ,07 August

Canadian dollar falls on slowing global economy

GMT 06:42 2011 Sunday ,03 July

China\'s service activity cools in June

GMT 10:38 2011 Tuesday ,13 December

Kingdom\'s GDP to grow 5.1% in 2011
 
 Emirates Voice Facebook,emirates voice facebook  Emirates Voice Twitter,emirates voice twitter Emirates Voice Rss,emirates voice rss  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

emiratesvoieen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen
emiratesvoice emiratesvoice emiratesvoice
emiratesvoice
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice