israel allows settlers back into contested west bank home
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Ending legal dispute lasting nearly 7 years

Israel allows settlers back into contested West Bank home

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice Israel allows settlers back into contested West Bank home

Israeli Jewish settler looks out from balcony new home in West Bank
Jerusalem - Arab Today

Israeli Jewish settler looks out from balcony new home in West Bank Israeli Defence Minister Moshe Yaalon on Sunday approved the return of Jewish settlers to a contested house in the flashpoint West Bank city of Hebron, his office said. The supreme court ruled last month that settlers were the lawful owners of the building in the heart of the occupied Palestinian city, ending a legal dispute lasting nearly seven years.
"Following the court decision... Defence Minister Moshe Yaalon today (Sunday) approved habitation of the house," his office said in a statement.
It added that the area military instructor had been told to allow "a limited number of families to the house".
An NGO set up by former members of Israel's military, Breaking the Silence, said it was the first time since 1980 that Israeli authorities give the green light for a new settlement in Hebron.
It would results in new restrictions on Palestinian residents such as the closure of roads and shops, it said.
The Peace Now settlement watchdog condemned what it called a "sad decision from the ministry of defence to approve and support the most radical rightwing settlers and approve them a new settlement in Hebron."
The ministry "and the government showed again that they have no interest in the two-state solution and its negotiation," its spokesman Lior Amihai told AFP, referring to US-sponsored negotiations aimed at a two-state peace settlement.
The Rajabis, a Palestinian family, has for years said its four-storey building had been taken over fraudulently by Israeli settlers.
A lower court in 2012 accepted their claim, ruling that the settlers' assertion that they had legally purchased the property "does not hold water".
The supreme court overturned that judgment on appeal.
The building is near a contested holy site known to Muslims as the Ibrahimi Mosque and to Jews as the Cave of the Patriarchs in a tightly controlled Israeli enclave where many streets are off-limits to Palestinian cars.
The settlers were evacuated in 2008, and the supreme court ruling said they would not be allowed to move back in without defence ministry approval.
Hebron, home to nearly 200,000 Palestinians, also comprises some 80 settler homes in the centre of town for about 700 Jews who live under Israeli army protection.
Source: AFP

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

israel allows settlers back into contested west bank home israel allows settlers back into contested west bank home

 



Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

israel allows settlers back into contested west bank home israel allows settlers back into contested west bank home

 



GMT 09:58 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon four

GMT 10:16 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon five

GMT 10:22 2018 Wednesday ,24 January

Kabul hotel guests describe lax security

GMT 15:25 2017 Monday ,18 December

Uber struggles to make inroads in Japan

GMT 16:21 2016 Friday ,26 August

Haifa Beseisso: A global citizen on a mission

GMT 15:36 2017 Thursday ,22 June

'Do good at Sunset' charity drive in Jumeirah

GMT 13:04 2017 Tuesday ,14 February

How sleep deprivation affect your work

GMT 22:36 2016 Wednesday ,06 January

Chipotle norovirus outbreak under US criminal probe

GMT 10:08 2018 Wednesday ,24 January

Microsoft to open 4 data centres

GMT 19:15 2018 Tuesday ,23 January

Emirati fined Dh2.2m for embezzling public funds

GMT 04:36 2018 Monday ,22 January

centre-left backs formal coalition talks

GMT 03:41 2016 Thursday ,30 June

UK banks 'well placed' to manage Brexit fallout

GMT 07:36 2017 Friday ,27 October

Federal National Council playing a sterling role
 
 Emirates Voice Facebook,emirates voice facebook  Emirates Voice Twitter,emirates voice twitter Emirates Voice Rss,emirates voice rss  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

emiratesvoieen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen
emiratesvoice emiratesvoice emiratesvoice
emiratesvoice
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice