morocco launches process to normalise illegal immigrants
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

To give them same rights and duties as Moroccan nationals

Morocco launches process to normalise illegal immigrants

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice Morocco launches process to normalise illegal immigrants

Syrian refugees outside refugee centre in Melilla
Rabat - Arab Today

Syrian refugees outside refugee centre in Melilla Morocco on Thursday launched an operation to give residency permits to tens of thousands of immigrants living in the country illegally, after the king expressed concern about their harsh treatment by the police. Hundreds of people , almost all of them sub-Saharan Africans, queued outside the governor's office in Rabat hoping to get their papers, which would officially allow them to reside and work in Morocco.
"Today is the start of the process to normalise the status of immigrants living in Morocco," Migration Minister Anis Birou told AFP.
"There are tens of thousands of people who do not have papers. And this process aims to give them the same rights and duties as Moroccan nationals, to help them integrate into society," he added.
He declined to comment on the conditions for obtaining a Moroccan residency permit, but has previously stated that these include being a resident for at least five years or having a two-year work contract.
The government in November unveiled what it called an "exceptional operation" to give official papers to some of the 25,000-40,000 sub-Saharans estimated to be residing illegally in Morocco.
The North African country has struggled to cope with the rising tide of migrants crossing its borders in the hope of building better lives in Europe, many of whom end up staying.
The Moroccan authorities have come under fire in recent months for their harsh treatment of sub-Saharan fortune seekers.
Rights activists say at least three immigrants -- a Senegalese, a Cameroonian and Congolese -- died as a result of police raids in northern Morocco since last summer and have called for a radical overhaul of the country's immigration policy.
King Mohammed VI responded by admitting "legitimate concerns" and backing their calls for reform.
George, a 27-year-old from Senegal, was one of those queuing outside the governor's office in Rabat on Thursday to apply for a residency permit.
He said he arrived in Morocco illegally 11 years ago, and has been deported to the border "several times."
"I am praying now that I will get my papers, so that the police can't catch me, and I can find work and sleep in peace."
Source: AFP

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

morocco launches process to normalise illegal immigrants morocco launches process to normalise illegal immigrants

 



Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

morocco launches process to normalise illegal immigrants morocco launches process to normalise illegal immigrants

 



GMT 10:18 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon seven

GMT 09:58 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon four

GMT 10:16 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon five

GMT 16:17 2018 Thursday ,30 August

Five Saudi women pilots granted GACA licences

GMT 10:18 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon eight

GMT 21:36 2017 Thursday ,04 May

College Celebrates Graduation of 43 Officers

GMT 11:51 2017 Monday ,13 November

Aid enters devastated rebel town near Syria capital

GMT 13:11 2017 Wednesday ,27 September

NASA-led project to build the first lunar space station

GMT 07:10 2017 Monday ,08 May

UAE in universal mission to reduce suffering

GMT 03:02 2017 Wednesday ,08 February

Daesh damaging Mosul houses to demand repair fee
 
 Emirates Voice Facebook,emirates voice facebook  Emirates Voice Twitter,emirates voice twitter Emirates Voice Rss,emirates voice rss  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

emiratesvoieen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen
emiratesvoice emiratesvoice emiratesvoice
emiratesvoice
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice