tunisia killer gives possible is link to france attack
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

No group has yet claimed responsibility

Tunisia killer gives 'possible IS link' to France attack

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice Tunisia killer gives 'possible IS link' to France attack

French police have launched manhunt for Cherif Kouachi (L) and his brother Said Kouachi
Paris - Arab Today

A French-Tunisian jihadist who assassinated two Tunisian politicians in 2013 provides a possible link between Charlie Hebdo suspect Cherif Kouachi and the Islamic State group based in Iraq and Syria, a researcher told AFP on Thursday.
Boubaker al-Hakim is a member of the extremist Islamic State (IS) group who last month claimed responsibility for assassinating two secular politicians, Chokri Belaid and Mohamed Brahmi, in Tunisia in 2013.
He was previously part of the "Butte-Chaumont network" in Paris -- alongside Kouachi -- that helped send fighters to join Al Qaeda in Iraq in the mid-2000s.
Kouachi is wanted along with his brother Said for the deadly attack on satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo on Wednesday that left 12 people dead.
Hakim "represents the link between the Kouachi brothers and (IS)," said researcher Jean-Pierre Filiu, a leading expert on radical Islam at Paris's Sciences Po university.
"It is impossible that an operation on the scale of the one that led to the massacre at Charlie Hebdo was not sponsored by Daesh," he claimed, using an alternative name for IS.
No group has yet claimed responsibility for the Charlie Hebdo attack, "but it is certain that (IS) is closely following it and waiting to see how it ends," said Filiu.
"I am sure that the video claiming responsibility is already prepared."
He added that Hakim is not a very senior figure in IS, but gained respect within the movement after killing Belaid and Brahmi.
Hakim claimed responsibility for the murders in a video released last month that was filmed in IS territory somewhere in Iraq or Syria.
Born in 1983, he is only around a few months younger than Kouachi and grew up in the same area of Paris -- the 19th arrondissement -- where the "Butte-Chaumont network" was established.
Both men were arrested and convicted together in Paris in 2008 for their role in the network.
Hakim was sentenced to seven years for running a way station in Damascus for young French Muslims en route to fight US forces in Iraq. Kouachi received three years.
"Hakim, and no doubt Kouachi, rejoined Al Qaeda's Iraqi networks after they were released from prison and accompanied them in their transformation into Daesh," said Filiu.
"The combat experience they acquired was useful in the cold-blooded assassinations they have carried out since."
Source: AFP

 

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

tunisia killer gives possible is link to france attack tunisia killer gives possible is link to france attack

 



Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

tunisia killer gives possible is link to france attack tunisia killer gives possible is link to france attack

 



GMT 10:16 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon five

GMT 09:58 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon four

GMT 10:18 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon seven

GMT 05:04 2024 Tuesday ,06 February

Skincare PR Performance Full Year 2017

GMT 19:19 2018 Sunday ,07 January

Has the good fortune for ETFs run its course?

GMT 10:31 2014 Tuesday ,23 December

Mirages of failure: Lebanon cannot wait

GMT 10:35 2011 Thursday ,06 October

3 Syrian Army and Police martyrs laid to rest

GMT 20:32 2014 Tuesday ,16 December

Egypt criticise attack on Pakistan army school

GMT 06:53 2017 Friday ,17 February

Tunisia announces visa exemption for Chinese tourists

GMT 08:23 2017 Wednesday ,01 November

Saudi Arabia to allow women spectators in stadiums

GMT 12:57 2017 Saturday ,28 October

Libyan army deploys additional forces in Oil Crescent

GMT 12:24 2014 Monday ,03 November

Hlavackova, Hradecka team up again after split

GMT 15:58 2013 Sunday ,03 March

Xinhua launches new media newswire service

GMT 08:33 2012 Wednesday ,07 March

GCC swimming championship begins today
 
 Emirates Voice Facebook,emirates voice facebook  Emirates Voice Twitter,emirates voice twitter Emirates Voice Rss,emirates voice rss  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

emiratesvoieen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen
emiratesvoice emiratesvoice emiratesvoice
emiratesvoice
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice