ebolahit sierra leone gets mecca all clear
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

For hajj pilgrims

Ebola-hit Sierra Leone gets Mecca all clear

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice Ebola-hit Sierra Leone gets Mecca all clear

Muslim pilgrims arrive at the Mina valley five kilometres east of the Saudi Arabian
Freetown - Arab Today

Saudi Arabia's government has allocated 800 places to Sierra Leone for hajj pilgrims, lifting a two-year ban imposed due to the Ebola crisis, officials said Friday.

Saudi authorities in 2014 banned people from Sierra Leone, Guinea and Liberia -- the three nations that bore the brunt of the outbreak.

But the Planning Hajj Committee in Muslim-majority Sierra Leone announced Friday that the Saudi authorities had granted 800 places, although more had been requested.

"The government had requested accommodation for 3,000 pilgrims but due to limited accommodation, the Saudi authorties had turned down the request," a committee source told AFP.

"A three-man pre-hajj delegation (will go) to Mecca Friday to negotiate to double the quota to 1,600 for the pilgrimage to the Holy Land."

Ebola quarantines in west Africa sealed off hundreds of thousands of people from the outside world when the tropical virus was at its height, following the first cases that emerged in Guinea in December 2013.

Sierra Leone declared it had no more cases of the viruses on March 17.

The news that pilgrims would be permitted to make the trip to Mecca -- a religious requirement once in the life of every Muslim -- was greeted with relief from those forced to delay their journeys.

"It's a dream come true after being in hibernation for the past two years and I will definitely make the hajj this year," said Mohamed Kamara, who recalled being ready to board a flight from Freetown to Jeddah in 2014 when civil aviation authorities announced the ban.

In past years, President Ernest Bai Koroma has personally provided financial support to more than 40 percent of pilgrims making the hajj but officials would not say whether such provisions would be made this year.

Source: AFP

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

ebolahit sierra leone gets mecca all clear ebolahit sierra leone gets mecca all clear

 



Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

ebolahit sierra leone gets mecca all clear ebolahit sierra leone gets mecca all clear

 



GMT 10:18 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon seven

GMT 16:22 2013 Monday ,25 March

Foreign students\' prostitution ban

GMT 06:34 2017 Tuesday ,19 December

'The Last Jedi' rakes in $450.8mn worldwide in opening

GMT 23:26 2017 Friday ,17 November

Activist can't file class action against Facebook

GMT 20:06 2011 Monday ,18 July

Schalke fail with improved Roux bid

GMT 23:42 2014 Thursday ,06 November

Xi book in spotlight at APEC media center

GMT 12:31 2011 Monday ,19 September

For a lasting monsoon look

GMT 06:18 2018 Sunday ,14 January

Doping whistleblower Rodchenkov "to testify"

GMT 23:29 2017 Thursday ,02 February

Protests erupt at airports following Trump travel ban

GMT 14:20 2015 Saturday ,14 November

Paris in shock after terror attacks

GMT 13:13 2013 Tuesday ,12 March

Looking for bedroom inspiration, here’s a few

GMT 18:51 2016 Thursday ,17 November

Iraqi paramilitaries: reached airport west of Mosul

GMT 15:22 2014 Saturday ,27 September

Confederate presents ultra-limited edition Hellcat

GMT 18:24 2015 Friday ,13 February

2 police recruits killed in Libya blast

GMT 00:54 2015 Saturday ,22 August

Arab League chief criticizes Shubra el Kheima blast

GMT 20:24 2013 Monday ,19 August

JW Marriott plans to reopen Tripoli Hotel
 
 Emirates Voice Facebook,emirates voice facebook  Emirates Voice Twitter,emirates voice twitter Emirates Voice Rss,emirates voice rss  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

emiratesvoieen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen
emiratesvoice emiratesvoice emiratesvoice
emiratesvoice
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice