fetus two children among 117 bodies
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

In Mexico mass grave

Fetus, two children among 117 bodies

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice Fetus, two children among 117 bodies

Forensic medical personnel recover a corpse from a mass grave in Tetelcingo
Tetelcingo - Arab Today

A fetus, a two-year-old boy and a seven-year-old girl were among 117 human remains recovered from a mass grave made by Mexican authorities in 2014, officials said.

It took 12 days for forensic experts to dig the pit in the central state of Morelos, and there was one more body than they previously believed were buried in a cemetery in Tetelcingo.

Morelos attorney general Javier Perez said authorities are investigating why they had a registry of 116 bodies instead of 117. Authorities will continue digging to make sure there are no other unknown bodies.

The case has caused outrage in Mexico, where more than 28,000 people have disappeared in a decade of drug violence.

Families of missing people came from other states to observe as authorities began to dig the grave on May 23.

Perez said the fetus, a 36-week-old female -- nearly full term -- was found dead on a street in 2012 in the city of Cuernavaca.
The seven-year-old girl was found on December 26, 2012, between Cuernavaca and Jiutepec, and an autopsy concluded that she had died of a contusion in the chest.

The two-year-old boy was discovered in a river in April 2013, with his death caused by head trauma.

The bodies of the children were never claimed, Perez said.

The law allows authorities to bury bodies that are not identified and that nobody claims, but irregularities were found in the Tetelcingo case.

Some bodies were buried without a document with a case number, or the number was ineligible. Perez said 28 remains did not have a genetic registry.

Authorities have not said how many crime victims were among the bodies.

- A mother's despair -

The scandal erupted after a mother launched a legal battle to recover the body of her son, Oliver Wenceslao Navarrete Hernandez.

Navarrete was found dead after he was kidnapped in 2013. His family was unable to bury him because prosecutors insisted on keeping the body for forensic tests.

But the body vanished from official records until an official revealed that Navarrete was buried in the mass grave with apparently falsified documents.
His family was present when officials opened the grave for the first time in December 2014, and they made a video of the grim dig.

But it was not until November 2015 that the discovery became public. Under pressure, authorities agreed to exhume all the bodies and open an investigation.

One former official from the state prosecutor's office is facing charges and another is investigation.

"We will continue (to look into the actions of) other public servants and former officials," Perez said.

Perez said DNA samples were taken from each body in a bid to identify all of them.

The 117 remains were taken to another cemetery, "The Garden of Memories," where they will be placed in wall crypts.

Source: AFP

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

fetus two children among 117 bodies fetus two children among 117 bodies

 



Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

fetus two children among 117 bodies fetus two children among 117 bodies

 



GMT 10:18 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon seven

GMT 16:22 2013 Monday ,25 March

Foreign students\' prostitution ban

GMT 06:34 2017 Tuesday ,19 December

'The Last Jedi' rakes in $450.8mn worldwide in opening

GMT 23:26 2017 Friday ,17 November

Activist can't file class action against Facebook

GMT 20:06 2011 Monday ,18 July

Schalke fail with improved Roux bid

GMT 23:42 2014 Thursday ,06 November

Xi book in spotlight at APEC media center

GMT 12:31 2011 Monday ,19 September

For a lasting monsoon look

GMT 06:18 2018 Sunday ,14 January

Doping whistleblower Rodchenkov "to testify"

GMT 23:29 2017 Thursday ,02 February

Protests erupt at airports following Trump travel ban

GMT 14:20 2015 Saturday ,14 November

Paris in shock after terror attacks

GMT 13:13 2013 Tuesday ,12 March

Looking for bedroom inspiration, here’s a few

GMT 18:51 2016 Thursday ,17 November

Iraqi paramilitaries: reached airport west of Mosul

GMT 15:22 2014 Saturday ,27 September

Confederate presents ultra-limited edition Hellcat

GMT 18:24 2015 Friday ,13 February

2 police recruits killed in Libya blast

GMT 00:54 2015 Saturday ,22 August

Arab League chief criticizes Shubra el Kheima blast

GMT 20:24 2013 Monday ,19 August

JW Marriott plans to reopen Tripoli Hotel
 
 Emirates Voice Facebook,emirates voice facebook  Emirates Voice Twitter,emirates voice twitter Emirates Voice Rss,emirates voice rss  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

emiratesvoieen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen
emiratesvoice emiratesvoice emiratesvoice
emiratesvoice
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice