bid to prosecute dutch srebrenica commanders dismissed by court
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Bid to prosecute Dutch Srebrenica commanders dismissed by court

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice Bid to prosecute Dutch Srebrenica commanders dismissed by court

Almost 8,000 Muslim men and boys were slaughtered after the eastern Bosnian enclave was overrun
Strasbourg , France - Arab Today

The European Court of Human Rights on Thursday dismissed a claim that Dutch commanders should be prosecuted for failing to prevent the deaths of three victims of the 1995 Srebrenica massacre.
The pan-Europe court “unanimously declared the application inadmissible,” in what it called a “final” decision.
The families of the three Bosnian Muslims, who were killed along with some 8,000 others after leaving the protection of Dutch UN peacekeepers, had asked the ECHR in October 2015 to prosecute three ex-UN commanders for their deaths.
The plaintiffs say the men were forced to flee into the hands of the Bosnian Serb forces commanded by Ratko Mladic — himself now on trial for genocide and war crimes at the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) based in The Hague. The move came after a Dutch appeals court ruled that Dutch Battalion (“Dutchbat“) commander Thom Karremans, his deputy Rob Franken and personnel officer Berend Oosterveen should not be prosecuted.
The ECHR concluded that Dutch authorities had already “sufficiently investigated” the peacekeepers’ role in the massacre, the worst atrocity in Europe since World War II.
The finding by the Dutch appeals court that the soldiers “had been unaware of the extent of the imminent massacre was consistent with the findings of the ICTY,” the ECHR said. “There was no lingering uncertainty as regards the nature and degree of involvement of the three servicemen and it was therefore impossible to conclude that the (previous) investigations had been ineffective or inadequate,” the statement said.

Source: Arab News

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

bid to prosecute dutch srebrenica commanders dismissed by court bid to prosecute dutch srebrenica commanders dismissed by court

 



Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

bid to prosecute dutch srebrenica commanders dismissed by court bid to prosecute dutch srebrenica commanders dismissed by court

 



GMT 10:18 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon seven

GMT 09:58 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon four

GMT 10:16 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon five

GMT 16:17 2018 Thursday ,30 August

Five Saudi women pilots granted GACA licences

GMT 10:18 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon eight

GMT 21:36 2017 Thursday ,04 May

College Celebrates Graduation of 43 Officers

GMT 11:51 2017 Monday ,13 November

Aid enters devastated rebel town near Syria capital

GMT 13:11 2017 Wednesday ,27 September

NASA-led project to build the first lunar space station

GMT 07:10 2017 Monday ,08 May

UAE in universal mission to reduce suffering

GMT 03:02 2017 Wednesday ,08 February

Daesh damaging Mosul houses to demand repair fee
 
 Emirates Voice Facebook,emirates voice facebook  Emirates Voice Twitter,emirates voice twitter Emirates Voice Rss,emirates voice rss  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

emiratesvoieen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen
emiratesvoice emiratesvoice emiratesvoice
emiratesvoice
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice