family of romanias ebola suspect put in home quarantine
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Family of Romania's Ebola suspect put in home quarantine

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice Family of Romania's Ebola suspect put in home quarantine

Ebola
Bucharest - XINHUA

The family members of the 51-year-old Romanian, suspected of having contracted Ebola, were put in quarantine at home in Ploiesti, Prahova County, announced on Sunday Health Minister Nicolae Banicioiu.
The man's family, namely his wife and their 15-year-old son have placed themselves under quarantine at home as a precaution, the minister confirmed to a local TV station, adding that the quarantine will last until a diagnosis is established.
The lady and the child do not have any symptoms at the moment, said Anca Dobrescu, head of local Public Health Department in Prahova County, adding that their dwelling was disinfected already with chlorine substances.
The patient is from Ploiesti, about 70 km north from Bucharest, capital city of Romania. He returned on July 25 from a business trip to Nigeria.
"At this moment, there is no confirmation of Ebola infection," said Banicioiu, adding that samples are being collected and they will be sent to the relevant institute in Germany, if data reveal an Ebola case suspicion.
The 51-year-old adult displaying symptoms of fever, nausea, vomiting and bloody diarrhea was admitted Sunday to the Emergency Care Unit of the Ploiesti County Hospital. The patient was soon transferred in special safety conditions to the "Matei Bals" National Institute of Infectious Diseases in Bucharest.
"The patient will undergo further medical testing," manager of the "Matei Bals" Institute, Prof. PhD Adrian Streinu Cercel was quoted as saying by local Agerpres News Agency, specifying that if data reveal an Ebola case suspicion, samples will be sent for confirmation in Frankfurt of Germany, the only laboratory to detect Ebola in Europe.
According to him, laboratory results from Germany might come in 3-7 days.
The manager stressed that there is no verdict of Ebola so far, and his institute is to make a series of analysis to exclude a number of other diseases that have similar symptoms.
If confirmed, the case will be the first one not only in Romania, but also in the Central and Eastern Europe.
Nigeria became the third African state, after Sierra Leone and Liberia, to declare a national emergency on Friday following the outbreak of Ebola cases in the region.

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

family of romanias ebola suspect put in home quarantine family of romanias ebola suspect put in home quarantine

 



Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

family of romanias ebola suspect put in home quarantine family of romanias ebola suspect put in home quarantine

 



GMT 10:18 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon seven

GMT 09:58 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon four

GMT 10:16 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon five

GMT 16:17 2018 Thursday ,30 August

Five Saudi women pilots granted GACA licences

GMT 10:18 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon eight

GMT 21:36 2017 Thursday ,04 May

College Celebrates Graduation of 43 Officers

GMT 11:51 2017 Monday ,13 November

Aid enters devastated rebel town near Syria capital

GMT 13:11 2017 Wednesday ,27 September

NASA-led project to build the first lunar space station

GMT 07:10 2017 Monday ,08 May

UAE in universal mission to reduce suffering

GMT 03:02 2017 Wednesday ,08 February

Daesh damaging Mosul houses to demand repair fee
 
 Emirates Voice Facebook,emirates voice facebook  Emirates Voice Twitter,emirates voice twitter Emirates Voice Rss,emirates voice rss  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

emiratesvoieen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen
emiratesvoice emiratesvoice emiratesvoice
emiratesvoice
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice