
Guinea's government has taken measures to fight against the Ebola epidemic which appeared in the country on Feb. 9 and has so far claimed 78 lives out of 122 reported cases. Addressing the country on Sunday, President Alpha Conde said the disease was now affecting the most active members of society such as hospital workers in areas including Kissidougou, Guekedou, Macenta and Conakry. "I want to reassure the population that thanks to the support of the international community, all measures had been taken to effectively fight this epidemic," the Guinean president said. He said measures taken by the government should inspire confidence and trust that a quick solution will be found on the epidemic which is affecting the Guinean population. Conde urged his fellow citizens to strictly respect prevention measures taken by health services and not to panic. The Guinean leader further urged foreigners in the country to remain calm, noting that besides Guinean medical staff, more foreign medical practitioners had arrived to help combat the disease.
GMT 14:01 2018 Thursday ,30 August
Expat with rare heart disorder gets life-saving surgeryGMT 00:18 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Boy with 10-pound tumour on face diesGMT 21:23 2018 Monday ,22 January
All set for first global medical tourism conference in DubaiGMT 22:46 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Second face transplant for FrenchmanGMT 07:51 2018 Saturday ,20 January
Trio aquitted of negligence in Canada railway disasterGMT 10:57 2018 Thursday ,18 January
Breastfeeding for 6 months cuts diabetes risk in half: studyGMT 16:10 2018 Wednesday ,17 January
Child mummy in Italy had hepatitis, not smallpoxGMT 18:36 2018 Tuesday ,16 January
Greece strikes cause transport chaos, healthcare delays

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor