
Saudi Arabia is ready for the annual Islamic hajj pilgrimage despite a rise in cases of Middle East Respiratory Syndrome(MERS) coronavirus infections, Health Minister Abdullah al-Rabia said. "We are working hard to control the spreading of the virus and ready for Hajj season," al-Rabia told the local press. "We have long and competent experience in mass gathering medicine as we as an international reference in this field." On Sunday, the health ministry announced 13 new cases in four cities, but said that the mortality rate had been reduced from 60 percent to 32 percent. Al-Rabia attributed the rise in reported cases to improved approach to tests rather than an accelerated spread of the virus. No vaccines are available for the disease and its transmission routes remain unknown, the minister said, adding that five international pharmaceutical firms have been trying to develop a vaccine. According to local media, 97 people have died from MERS corona virus infection out of 244 confirmed cases since 2012..
GMT 14:01 2018 Thursday ,30 August
Expat with rare heart disorder gets life-saving surgeryGMT 00:18 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Boy with 10-pound tumour on face diesGMT 21:23 2018 Monday ,22 January
All set for first global medical tourism conference in DubaiGMT 22:46 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Second face transplant for FrenchmanGMT 07:51 2018 Saturday ,20 January
Trio aquitted of negligence in Canada railway disasterGMT 10:57 2018 Thursday ,18 January
Breastfeeding for 6 months cuts diabetes risk in half: studyGMT 16:10 2018 Wednesday ,17 January
Child mummy in Italy had hepatitis, not smallpoxGMT 18:36 2018 Tuesday ,16 January
Greece strikes cause transport chaos, healthcare delays

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor