daesh told foiled attack suspect to hit france
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Daesh told foiled attack suspect to 'hit' France

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice Daesh told foiled attack suspect to 'hit' France

Daesh group's al-Furqan Media allegedly
Paris - Arab Today

One of the suspects in a foiled attack on a French military base was instructed by an Islamic State militant in Syria to "hit" France, a prosecutor said on Friday.

The youngest of three suspects in custody -- aged only 17 and identified as Ismael K. -- was given the order when it became clear he would not be able to leave the country to wage jihad in Syria because he was under surveillance, Paris prosecutor Francois Molins said.

Four young men, including a formal naval signalman, were arrested in dawn raids on Monday, suspected of "planning to commit a terrorist act" at a French military base in the south of the country.

The youngest, 16, was quickly released, but the other three were plotting to kidnap and behead a member of the military on film around the end of December or beginning of January 2016, according to Molins.
They came into contact with each other via social networks and formed a plan to go to Syria to wage jihad alongside other IS extremists.

However, Ismael K.'s mother became concerned about his radicalisation and contacted the authorities. He was subsequently interviewed by counter-terrorism officials and was aware he was under surveillance.

For this reason, the trio used encrypted messaging systems and applications, the prosecutor said.

"There was in particular an exchange between Ismael K. and an individual currently fighting with IS in Syria who -- given it was impossible for him to leave France -- told him to 'hit on the ground in France'," the prosecutor said.

- 'Paramilitary' equipment found -

Ismael K. told investigators that the plan was to attack the military base, "kill the soldiers there, decapitate the person in charge of the site, film the whole thing and flee to Syria".

The 23-year-old, identified as Djebril A., had served at the base and suggested striking around the New Year period as it was lightly defended at that time.
He joined the navy in June 2013 as a signalman but suffered health problems and was eventually discharged in January 2015.

They planned to arm themselves with handguns for the attack but no weapons were found when searching their homes, although police seized "paramilitary" equipment -- including protective gloves used by jihadists in Iraq and Syria.

The three men are expected to be interviewed by a judge on Friday ahead of possible charges.

"Djebril A., Antoine F. and Ismael K. have several things in common -- as well as their young age," noted the prosecutor.

"They have never been convicted, had been educated to baccalaureate level (roughly equivalent to A-levels) and were strongly radicalised, in particular because they watched IS videos," Molins said.

France remains on high alert more than six months after jihadist attacks in January that claimed 17 lives and started with shootings at satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo.

"We are facing a terrorist threat that we have never seen before -- an external threat and an internal threat," Prime Minister Manuel Valls said on Thursday.
Although the foiled assault was planned around the first anniversary of the Charlie Hebdo attacks, none of the three alleged plotters indicated that the date was chosen deliberately for this reason.

The government says there are 1,850 French citizens or people living in France who are "implicated" in jihadist networks, with around 500 in Syria or Iraq.

France, which is home to Europe's largest Muslim population, has beefed up security, posting 30,000 police officers and soldiers outside 5,000 sites deemed sensitive such as schools and places of worship.

Authorities have also set up a hotline for friends or family concerned that someone could be tempted to wage jihad -- an effort that has yielded 2,500 leads.
Source: AFP

 

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

daesh told foiled attack suspect to hit france daesh told foiled attack suspect to hit france

 



Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

daesh told foiled attack suspect to hit france daesh told foiled attack suspect to hit france

 



GMT 09:58 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon four

GMT 10:16 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon five

GMT 10:22 2018 Wednesday ,24 January

Kabul hotel guests describe lax security

GMT 15:25 2017 Monday ,18 December

Uber struggles to make inroads in Japan

GMT 16:21 2016 Friday ,26 August

Haifa Beseisso: A global citizen on a mission

GMT 15:36 2017 Thursday ,22 June

'Do good at Sunset' charity drive in Jumeirah

GMT 13:04 2017 Tuesday ,14 February

How sleep deprivation affect your work

GMT 22:36 2016 Wednesday ,06 January

Chipotle norovirus outbreak under US criminal probe

GMT 10:08 2018 Wednesday ,24 January

Microsoft to open 4 data centres

GMT 19:15 2018 Tuesday ,23 January

Emirati fined Dh2.2m for embezzling public funds

GMT 04:36 2018 Monday ,22 January

centre-left backs formal coalition talks

GMT 03:41 2016 Thursday ,30 June

UK banks 'well placed' to manage Brexit fallout

GMT 07:36 2017 Friday ,27 October

Federal National Council playing a sterling role
 
 Emirates Voice Facebook,emirates voice facebook  Emirates Voice Twitter,emirates voice twitter Emirates Voice Rss,emirates voice rss  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

emiratesvoieen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen
emiratesvoice emiratesvoice emiratesvoice
emiratesvoice
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice