hezbollah confirms 6month truce deal for 3 syria towns
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Hezbollah confirms 6-month truce deal for 3 Syria towns

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice Hezbollah confirms 6-month truce deal for 3 Syria towns

Syrian pro-government fighters
Beirut - Arab Today

Lebanon's Shiite movement Hezbollah, an ally of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, confirmed Friday a six-month truce had been agreed for the rebel-held town of Zabadani and two Shiite towns in the northwest.

Hezbollah chief Hassan Nasrallah told the movement's Al-Manar television the deal was reached under the auspices of the United Nations with mediation from Damascus ally Iran.

It will entail the "evacuation of armed and wounded men from Zabadani (between Damascus and the Lebanese border) to Idlib province (in the north) in exchange for the evacuation of 10,000 civilians from the villages of Fuaa and Kafraya to zones controlled by the regime," he said.

"There will be no more fighters in Zabadani," Nasrallah said, indicating that the Syrian army could enter the remaining rebel-held areas and take control.

He said that civilians living in and around Zabadani who did not want to stay could also go to Idlib safely.

On Thursday, UN spokeswoman Jessy Chahine told AFP there had been "positive developments in the talks, which were facilitated by the UN," but added that it was up to the parties themselves to say if there was a deal to announce.

In July, pro-government forces launched an offensive to try to recapture Zabadani.

This prompted a rebel alliance, including Sunni Muslim extremists of Al-Qaeda, to besiege the Idlib province villages of Fuaa and Kafraya whose residents are Shiites.

Rami Abdel Rahman, director of the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, said the truce was reached between rebel fighters, including Islamist group Ahrar al-Sham, and pro-regime forces and their Hezbollah allies.

Short truces agreed previously between the warring parties have often been broken.

A Syrian source close to the talks told AFP Thursday the accord would see the evacuation of some 10,000 civilians from besieged Fuaa and Kafraya on Saturday and Sunday.

They will be driven out in Red Cross vehicles to regime-controlled areas. In exchange, some 500 rebels will withdraw from Zabadani and head for Idlib province.

Source: AFP

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

hezbollah confirms 6month truce deal for 3 syria towns hezbollah confirms 6month truce deal for 3 syria towns

 



Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

hezbollah confirms 6month truce deal for 3 syria towns hezbollah confirms 6month truce deal for 3 syria towns

 



GMT 10:18 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon seven

GMT 09:58 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon four

GMT 10:16 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon five

GMT 16:17 2018 Thursday ,30 August

Five Saudi women pilots granted GACA licences

GMT 10:18 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon eight

GMT 21:36 2017 Thursday ,04 May

College Celebrates Graduation of 43 Officers

GMT 11:51 2017 Monday ,13 November

Aid enters devastated rebel town near Syria capital

GMT 13:11 2017 Wednesday ,27 September

NASA-led project to build the first lunar space station

GMT 07:10 2017 Monday ,08 May

UAE in universal mission to reduce suffering

GMT 03:02 2017 Wednesday ,08 February

Daesh damaging Mosul houses to demand repair fee
 
 Emirates Voice Facebook,emirates voice facebook  Emirates Voice Twitter,emirates voice twitter Emirates Voice Rss,emirates voice rss  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

emiratesvoieen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen
emiratesvoice emiratesvoice emiratesvoice
emiratesvoice
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice