kuwait court frees 11 suspects in shiite mosque attack
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Kuwait court frees 11 suspects in Shiite mosque attack

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice Kuwait court frees 11 suspects in Shiite mosque attack

A Kuwaiti special forces vehicle is parked outside the constitutional court in Kuwait City
Kuwait City - Arab Today

A Kuwaiti court trying 29 suspects in a deadly bomb attack on a Shiite mosque freed 11 defendants Thursday, while the main accused said he had been told worshippers would not be harmed.

A travel ban, however, remains in place on the freed defendants, including two women. Of the 29 initial suspects, five have gone on trial in absentia.

Abdulrahman Sabah Saud, the main suspect, renewed his confession at the second hearing that he transported the Saudi suicide bomber to the Kuwait City mosque attacked in June.

But Saud insisted he was told by the suicide bomber, Fahad al-Qaba'a, he would only blow up the mosque after it was emptied of worshippers.

The prosecutor played footage taken by security cameras showing Saud driving the car with the bomber seated next to him, before he dropped him off and left.

Saud, a stateless Arab, said the footage was genuine and recognized the bomber in the video.

The court set August 10 for the next hearing in the trial over the June 26 bombing that killed 26 people and wounded hundreds of others.

On Tuesday, Saud told the court he was a member of the Islamic State jihadist group that claimed responsibility for the attack, the worst in the history of the oil-rich Gulf state.

Although the public prosecution has not released the official charge sheets, a number of defendants stand accused of belonging to a banned group and taking part in the bombing.

Saud also confessed to having transported the explosive belt from near the border with Saudi Arabia where two Saudi brothers, currently held in the kingdom, had left it.

Seven Kuwaitis, five Saudis, three Pakistanis, 13 stateless Arabs known as bidoon and another unnamed person at large were charged with involvement in the attack.

An IS-affiliated group calling itself Najd Province claimed the Kuwait City bombing as well as suicide attacks at two Shiite mosques in Saudi Arabia in May.

The Sunni extremist Daesh considers Shiites, minorities in both Gulf states, to be heretics and has targeted them across the region.
Source: AFP

 

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

kuwait court frees 11 suspects in shiite mosque attack kuwait court frees 11 suspects in shiite mosque attack

 



Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

kuwait court frees 11 suspects in shiite mosque attack kuwait court frees 11 suspects in shiite mosque attack

 



GMT 10:16 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon five

GMT 09:58 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon four

GMT 10:18 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon seven

GMT 05:04 2024 Tuesday ,06 February

Skincare PR Performance Full Year 2017

GMT 19:19 2018 Sunday ,07 January

Has the good fortune for ETFs run its course?

GMT 10:31 2014 Tuesday ,23 December

Mirages of failure: Lebanon cannot wait

GMT 10:35 2011 Thursday ,06 October

3 Syrian Army and Police martyrs laid to rest

GMT 20:32 2014 Tuesday ,16 December

Egypt criticise attack on Pakistan army school

GMT 06:53 2017 Friday ,17 February

Tunisia announces visa exemption for Chinese tourists

GMT 08:23 2017 Wednesday ,01 November

Saudi Arabia to allow women spectators in stadiums

GMT 12:57 2017 Saturday ,28 October

Libyan army deploys additional forces in Oil Crescent

GMT 12:24 2014 Monday ,03 November

Hlavackova, Hradecka team up again after split

GMT 15:58 2013 Sunday ,03 March

Xinhua launches new media newswire service

GMT 08:33 2012 Wednesday ,07 March

GCC swimming championship begins today
 
 Emirates Voice Facebook,emirates voice facebook  Emirates Voice Twitter,emirates voice twitter Emirates Voice Rss,emirates voice rss  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

emiratesvoieen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen
emiratesvoice emiratesvoice emiratesvoice
emiratesvoice
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice