
Two Afghan army soldiers were killed in two separate bomb attacks, the country's Defense Ministry said on Tuesday evening. The ministry said in a statement that the two army personnel were killed in two Improvised Explosive Device (IED) attacks in western Farah and southern Helmand provinces. The army specialists have also defused 32 anti-personnel mines in Kandahar province, the statement added. Several insurgents were killed and wounded in army operations in Tagab district of eastern Kapisa, Khogyani district of neighboring Nangarhar province and Alinegar district of eastern Laghman province, it noted. The statement did not disclose the exact number of casualties on the militants side based on the government policy. The Taliban insurgent group has yet to make comments. Earlier on Tuesday, a would-be suicide bomber was shot dead in Helmand province, the provincial government spokesman Omar Zwak told Xinhua, adding the suicide-jacket of the bomber exploded following the police firing in the Nadali district of the province, causing no casualties.
GMT 01:03 2018 Wednesday ,24 January
Trump 'imitates' Modi's accent in private conversation: ReportGMT 21:24 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Puigdemont accuses EU of not defending rights in CataloniaGMT 21:18 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Vietnam oil exec 'kidnapped' from Germany jailed for lifeGMT 21:08 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey in new assault on Kurdish militiaGMT 21:04 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey detains 24 over 'terror propaganda'GMT 20:52 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Dawoodi Bohra leader arrives in DubaiGMT 22:09 2018 Monday ,22 January
Israel apologises to JordanGMT 16:11 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Pope condemns criminals in crime-stricken Peruvian city

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor