After parliamentary calls to dismiss Prime Minister Dr. Kamal El-Ganzouri -led interim government, Egypt's Minister of Planning and International Cooperation, Fayza Abul-Naga, citing last year's constitutional declaration, has said the People's Assembly has no such authority to do so. Fayza Abul-Naga, the minister who has been behind the US NGO ruckus 'Political' foreign funding of parties and NGOs not accepted, has declared that Egypt's Parliament is not legally entitled to issue a vote of no-confidence in the current interim government. Nor, she said, was it entitled to appoint a new government. Abul-Naga stressed that the constitutional declaration, issued one year ago by Egypt's ruling Supreme Council of the Armed Forces (SCAF) , did not give the parliament the authority to replace the interim SCAF-appointed government. "Those calling for the dismissal of the current government should read the constitutional declaration before making such claims," the minister told a press conference here late Wednesday. Last weekend, the Freedom and Justice Party's Farid Ismail, head of Parliament's defence and national security committee, charged that the incumbent government of Prime Minister Kamal El-Ganzouri had appointed numerous members of the ousted Mubarak regime to important government posts and should therefore be relieved of its duties. The Freedom and Justice Party's Farid Ismail, the Secretary General of the Defence and National Security committee at the People's Assembly, said Kamal El-Ganzouri's government has been appointing many of the former regime remnants in governmental institutions. He gave examples of the Mubarak regime flyovers who are still holding positions in Ali Meselhi, a former NDP political committee member, and ex-transportation minister Alaa Fahmy. Both have been installed as consultants at the Egypt Postal Authority. Ismail also voiced disgruntlement with El-Ganzouri's speech on political and economic conditions in the country to parliament, which he gave before the People's Assembly last week. "The committees of the People's Assembly reject El-Ganzouri's statement, and thus will begin with the procedures of a vote-of-no-confidence in the parliamentary session on 11 March," he said.
GMT 01:03 2018 Wednesday ,24 January
Trump 'imitates' Modi's accent in private conversation: ReportGMT 21:24 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Puigdemont accuses EU of not defending rights in CataloniaGMT 21:18 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Vietnam oil exec 'kidnapped' from Germany jailed for lifeGMT 21:08 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey in new assault on Kurdish militiaGMT 21:04 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey detains 24 over 'terror propaganda'GMT 20:52 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Dawoodi Bohra leader arrives in DubaiGMT 22:09 2018 Monday ,22 January
Israel apologises to JordanGMT 16:11 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Pope condemns criminals in crime-stricken Peruvian city

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor