afghan taliban claims suicide bomb attack at kabul restaurant
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Afghan Taliban claims suicide bomb attack at Kabul restaurant

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice Afghan Taliban claims suicide bomb attack at Kabul restaurant

Kabul - XINHUA

The Taliban insurgent group claimed responsibility for a suicide bombing at a restaurant frequented by foreigners earlier on Friday evening in Wazir Akbar Khan, a diplomatic enclave in central Kabul. At least five people were injured after a man detonated his explosive jacket close to the entrance of Lebanese Restaurant, located in street 14 of the district, security sources were quoted by local media as saying. "The exact number of the casualties is unknown. The area is cordoned off by police forces shortly after the blast. A search and cleanup operation at the compound and surrounding buildings is still going on," Kabul police spokesman Hashmat Stanikzai told Xinhua, adding the bomber was killed on the spot. An investigation is launched into the incident and details will be released to the media afterwards, he noted. Following the blast, which occurred at around 19:15 local time, several gunmen tried to enter and seize the compound, earlier reports said. The restaurant is frequented by foreigners. A purported Taliban spokesman, Zabiullah Mujahid, told local media via phone from undisclosed location that the militants, who have been waging an insurgency since their ouster in late 2001, had conducted the bombing. He said several foreigners were present at the restaurant when the attack occurred, adding several foreigners were killed and wounded in the incident. Local TV channels' footage showed ambulances and police vehicles carrying the injured people to hospital. Several foreign embassies are located close to the site of the blast. The latest bomb attack underscores the challenges that Afghan army and police faced as they took the full operational lead from foreign troops in June last year. The war-torn country is due to take over the responsibility for its own security from foreign troops by the end of the year. More than 86,000 NATO-led troops, down from the peak of 130,000 in 2010, are being deployed in Afghanistan at present.

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

afghan taliban claims suicide bomb attack at kabul restaurant afghan taliban claims suicide bomb attack at kabul restaurant

 



Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

afghan taliban claims suicide bomb attack at kabul restaurant afghan taliban claims suicide bomb attack at kabul restaurant

 



GMT 10:18 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon eight

GMT 10:21 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon eleven

GMT 10:18 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon seven

GMT 09:58 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon four

GMT 10:08 2018 Wednesday ,24 January

Microsoft to open 4 data centres

GMT 09:54 2018 Wednesday ,24 January

'Friendly and kind' N. Korean skaters

GMT 19:57 2018 Tuesday ,23 January

Farm-fresh from Kerala to the UAE, in just one day

GMT 07:49 2018 Tuesday ,16 January

Football: Giggs set to be named as Wales boss

GMT 20:41 2017 Wednesday ,22 March

Protests, but no revolution in Lebanon

GMT 08:21 2018 Sunday ,21 January

Former armed forces chief to challenge Egypt's Sisi

GMT 05:42 2018 Friday ,12 January

French carmaker PSA uses Macron reforms

GMT 20:41 2017 Tuesday ,28 November

Taleban claim Pakistan suicide attack, 5 killed
 
 Emirates Voice Facebook,emirates voice facebook  Emirates Voice Twitter,emirates voice twitter Emirates Voice Rss,emirates voice rss  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

emiratesvoieen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen
emiratesvoice emiratesvoice emiratesvoice
emiratesvoice
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice