
Amnesty International said Muslim women, children, and elderly people were killed in a recent massacre in the Central African Republic (CAR). Amnesty has new evidence showing that six children, five women, and three old men were among 50 Muslims killed in two separate attacks Northwest of the capital, Bangui, press tv reported. The youngest victims were two girls aged seven and 18 months. The oldest victim was 70. Amnesty called for the international community to protect Muslims in the Central African Republic against fatal attacks. "International peacekeeping forces are failing the Muslim community," said Joanne Mariner, Amnesty International’s senior crisis advisor in Bangui. "Scores of people were left unprotected from vicious anti-balaka reprisals at a time when such attacks were entirely predictable." On January 24, former Health Minister Joseph Kalite, a Muslim, was hacked to death by a machete-wielding mob at the Central Mosque in Bangui. The latest massacre comes as some 6,600 African and French peacekeepers are currently in the country. Violence spread across the Central African Republic last month after the mostly Muslim Seleka group came under coordinated attacks. Seleka members ousted Francoise Bozizé, former president of the Central African Republic, in March 2013. More than 1,000 people reportedly lost their lives as a result of fatal clashes in the country last December alone and nearly one million were displaced.
GMT 01:03 2018 Wednesday ,24 January
Trump 'imitates' Modi's accent in private conversation: ReportGMT 21:24 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Puigdemont accuses EU of not defending rights in CataloniaGMT 21:18 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Vietnam oil exec 'kidnapped' from Germany jailed for lifeGMT 21:08 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey in new assault on Kurdish militiaGMT 21:04 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey detains 24 over 'terror propaganda'GMT 20:52 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Dawoodi Bohra leader arrives in DubaiGMT 22:09 2018 Monday ,22 January
Israel apologises to JordanGMT 16:11 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Pope condemns criminals in crime-stricken Peruvian city

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor