
UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon was scheduled to send out invitations to the participants in the Geneva II Conference on Syria today, but Iran will not be invited, a UN official said. The invitations to some 35 participants, including Kuwait, will go out today, but Iran is not among them, the official said, reported the Kuwaiti news agency KUNA. He added that the Secretary General is in favour of Iran’s participation in the Conference that will take place in Switzerland on January 22nd, but the organizers – US and Russia – did not reach agreement on Iran’s participation, that is why it is left out. He speculated that Iran’s invitation will be further discussed when US Secretary of State John Kerry and Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov meet on January 13th. The US insists that Iran accept the Geneva I Communique which states that the Syrian parties – Government and opposition – agree to a transitional governing body with full executive powers. Iran has so far refused to do so.
GMT 01:03 2018 Wednesday ,24 January
Trump 'imitates' Modi's accent in private conversation: ReportGMT 21:24 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Puigdemont accuses EU of not defending rights in CataloniaGMT 21:18 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Vietnam oil exec 'kidnapped' from Germany jailed for lifeGMT 21:08 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey in new assault on Kurdish militiaGMT 21:04 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey detains 24 over 'terror propaganda'GMT 20:52 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Dawoodi Bohra leader arrives in DubaiGMT 22:09 2018 Monday ,22 January
Israel apologises to JordanGMT 16:11 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Pope condemns criminals in crime-stricken Peruvian city

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor