christie under federal probe over use of sandy relief funds
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Christie under federal probe over use of Sandy relief funds

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice Christie under federal probe over use of Sandy relief funds

Washington - UPI

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is under federal investigation about whether he misused federal relief funds from Hurricane Sandy, CNN reported Monday. CNN said federal officials are investigating whether Christie improperly used relief aid in tourism ads that featured him and his family. News of the investigation came days after Christie dismissed two top advisers for their roles in the George Washington Bridge scandal in which his staff is accused of tying up traffic near the nation's busiest bridge in retaliation for a Democratic mayor's refusal to endorse Republican Christie's re-election bid. That scandal prompted two investigations. Coupled with the bridge scandal, if the federal investigation into the Sandy funds finds any wrongdoing, Christie's national ambitions -- and a potential White House bid in 2016 -- could be severely damaged. The governor's actions during and after the superstorm was widely considered a demonstration of his no-nonsense political brand. In the new inquiry, federal auditors will look into New Jersey's use of $25 million in Sandy relief funds for a marketing campaign promoting tourism on the Jersey Shore after Sandy laid the state's coastline to waste in 2012, New Jersey Democratic Rep. Frank Pallone told CNN. Pallone, a Christie critic, said he asked the Department of Housing and Urban Development in an August letter to examine Christie's choices for spending the HUD-approved marketing funds. CNN said neither the governor's office nor the HUD inspector general's office responded to a request for comment. In the letter, Pallone said he was concerned about the bidding process for the firm awarded the marketing plan because the firm awarded the bid was charging New Jersey about $2 million more than the next lowest bidder. The winning $4.7 million bid featured Christie and his family in the ads while the losing proposal did not. On Sunday, Pallone told CNN the inspector general's preliminary review determined there was enough evidence to begin a full-scale investigation. "This was money that could have directly been used for Sandy recovery. And, as you know, many of my constituents still haven't gotten the money that is owed them to rebuild their homes or raise their homes or to help," he told CNN. Last week, Christie fired two top aides for their involvement in closing down access lanes to the George Washington Bridge last year, snarling traffic for four days. Christie said he was unaware of the action and he was "embarrassed and humiliated." A New Jersey State Assembly committee is investigating whether the aides ordered the lane closures as retribution. The U.S. attorney in New Jersey also opened an investigation.

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

christie under federal probe over use of sandy relief funds christie under federal probe over use of sandy relief funds

 



Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

christie under federal probe over use of sandy relief funds christie under federal probe over use of sandy relief funds

 



GMT 10:18 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon eight

GMT 10:21 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon eleven

GMT 10:18 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon seven

GMT 09:58 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon four

GMT 01:08 2017 Sunday ,08 October

Hawaii gets chance to make case for fighting

GMT 08:13 2017 Wednesday ,10 May

UAE Ambassador to UK, Minister discuss relations

GMT 07:16 2018 Thursday ,18 January

Macron's tapestry gesture risks rousing

GMT 12:04 2017 Sunday ,17 December

US plans Middle East peace push after 'cooling off'

GMT 02:38 2017 Tuesday ,25 July

Bahrain Parents Care Society launches programme

GMT 06:47 2016 Sunday ,15 May

2 journalists shot dead in 24 hours in India

GMT 03:40 2017 Thursday ,27 July

Jordan dealt with embassy’s crime in accordance

GMT 10:21 2012 Thursday ,01 March

Small Spaced Garden Tips

GMT 08:30 2016 Sunday ,10 April

War photographer and mother, the woman

GMT 23:31 2017 Saturday ,24 June

Israeli forces push deep
 
 Emirates Voice Facebook,emirates voice facebook  Emirates Voice Twitter,emirates voice twitter Emirates Voice Rss,emirates voice rss  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

emiratesvoieen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen
emiratesvoice emiratesvoice emiratesvoice
emiratesvoice
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice