couples who lose a child to receive higher subsidies in china
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Couples who lose a child to receive higher subsidies in China

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice Couples who lose a child to receive higher subsidies in China

BeijIng - Xinhua

Parents who have lost their only child will get more compensation and enjoy favorable policies in access to rest homes and housing, according to an announcement by the National Health and Family Planning Commission on Thursday. The announcement said that in 2014, the standard subsidy will increase to 340 yuan ($56) per person per month for urban couples who lost their only child but haven't adopted or given birth to another. The notice, issued by the commission and other ministries including the Ministry of Civil Affairs and the Ministry of Finance, added that the wife should be aged 49 or above. The subsidy will increase to 170 yuan per month per person for such couples in rural areas. The ministries asked local governments across the country to "establish a mechanism for dynamic increase" of the subsidy. Since 2008, a nationwide subsidy program has been carried out to help couples who have lost a child, according to Wang Haidong, director of the commission's department of family planning and family development. Previously, the subsidy was 100 yuan per person per month for such couples. It increased to 135 yuan in 2012, Wang said. Li Zhongkui, a 63-year-old Beijing resident who lost his only son in 2004, said he welcomed the policy. An increase in the subsidy over time is necessary, given increasing commodity prices, Li said. He said he and his wife each get 720 yuan of subsidy a month, but "the subsidy alone is not enough to cover one's daily life". "It's important to increase the subsidy for those low-income families," he said. The ministries also asked provincial governments to give priority to such couples who are 60 or above, especially those who are not able to take care of themselves, to enter government-funded rest homes. In addition, families who lost their only child and are financially challenged should get priority access to public housing, according to the announcement. In 2012, the China Population and Development Research Center surveyed families in 15 provincial-level governments who lost their only child or whose only child was disabled. Of the subjects, "80 percent were concerned about the care they will get when they get old", said Wang Haidong, with the commission. The measures will deal with the issues families face in a practical way, Wang said. Zhang Xingxian, a 65-year-old woman in Zhenjiang, Jiangsu province, who lost her 27-year-old daughter in 2007, said the announcement is a step forward in helping families who lost their only child, but she's concerned whether the measures will be well implemented. "Our biggest worry is the time when we cannot move by ourselves," she said. "We cannot afford and don't trust a nurse in our house. Rest homes don't take us in because we don't have our children or our caretakers to sign the paper."

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

couples who lose a child to receive higher subsidies in china couples who lose a child to receive higher subsidies in china

 



Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

couples who lose a child to receive higher subsidies in china couples who lose a child to receive higher subsidies in china

 



GMT 10:18 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon eight

GMT 10:21 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon eleven

GMT 10:18 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon seven

GMT 09:58 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon four

GMT 10:31 2014 Tuesday ,23 December

Mirages of failure: Lebanon cannot wait

GMT 23:39 2017 Wednesday ,15 November

Pakistan to soon start producing commercial aircraft

GMT 10:02 2018 Wednesday ,24 January

Sanofi buys US haemophilia treatment

GMT 10:17 2017 Thursday ,21 December

Serena sorts out baby teething issues, hints at return

GMT 12:46 2018 Tuesday ,09 January

Macron endorses China's Silk Road but warns

GMT 06:57 2017 Thursday ,10 August

Iraqi minister meets with Dutch ambassador

GMT 19:24 2017 Thursday ,26 October

Human remains found in large Australian croc

GMT 15:01 2014 Monday ,15 December

Statue of Amenhotep III unveiled
 
 Emirates Voice Facebook,emirates voice facebook  Emirates Voice Twitter,emirates voice twitter Emirates Voice Rss,emirates voice rss  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

emiratesvoieen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen
emiratesvoice emiratesvoice emiratesvoice
emiratesvoice
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice