
Croatia is to resettle the first group of Syrian refugees from Turkey, Greece and Italy in June under the EU-Turkey agreement reached last month, interior minister Vlaho Orepic said on Thursday.
The government decided to take in a total of 50 refugees, including 30 from Turkey and another 10 each from Greece and Italy over the period from June 8 to July 8, Orepic said in Luxembourg where he was attending a meeting of the European Union Justice and Home Affairs Council, Croatian media reported.
According to the EU agreements, Croatia should receive 1,600 people.
Orepic said "we will certainly do that. We have a firm stance that we need to share the responsibility of this joint problem."
Also, Croatia is to deploy 140 people in the European border and coast guard, according to Orepic.
GMT 20:32 2018 Sunday ,14 January
Brussels offers to mediate in Slovenia-Croatia bay rowGMT 09:19 2018 Saturday ,13 January
Chinese chosen to build controversial Croatia bridgeGMT 08:55 2017 Sunday ,12 March
Croatia views Moody's outlook upgrade as results of reformGMT 10:00 2017 Saturday ,18 February
Croatia says Russia shouldn't be seen as enemyGMT 22:06 2016 Monday ,13 June
Croatian PM faces no confidence vote this week

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor