
Deadly attacks against United Nations personnel increased last year, claiming at least 58 lives, according to the United Nations Staff Union. The union said 33 of those killed were peacekeepers and 25 were civilians, including contractors working for the organization. In 2012, 37 United Nations personnel were killed, and in 2011, 36 were killed, the union said. The deadliest attack in 2013 was an ambush in Jonglei State, South Sudan, that killed 12 workers for the United Nations. According to the union, the deaths throughout the year included 16 peacekeepers killed in Darfur and seven in South Sudan.
GMT 01:03 2018 Wednesday ,24 January
Trump 'imitates' Modi's accent in private conversation: ReportGMT 21:24 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Puigdemont accuses EU of not defending rights in CataloniaGMT 21:18 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Vietnam oil exec 'kidnapped' from Germany jailed for lifeGMT 21:08 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey in new assault on Kurdish militiaGMT 21:04 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey detains 24 over 'terror propaganda'GMT 20:52 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Dawoodi Bohra leader arrives in DubaiGMT 22:09 2018 Monday ,22 January
Israel apologises to JordanGMT 16:11 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Pope condemns criminals in crime-stricken Peruvian city

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor