
France on Monday condemned the latest attack on United Nations-African Union (UNAMID) forces in Darfur the previous day, an attack that killed a Jordanian and Senegalese peace-keeper. A statement from the French Foriegn Ministry expressed condolences to the relatives of the dead soldiers and the Jordanian and Senegalese governments. "We call on the Sudanese government to guarantee the security of UNAMID personnel and rapidly investigate and bring to justice those responsable for these attacks," a statement from the Foreign Ministry said. Paris said that it was "concerned by the strong deterioration of the security situation in Darfur" and noted that an increase in fighting has caused the displacement of 460,000 people so far this year. More than 300,000 people are believed to have died in the fighting in Darfur in the past six years and over two million have been made refugees. France on Monday reiterated its support for the UN-AU mission and for the contributory nations to that force, which was essentially set up to protect refugees.
GMT 01:03 2018 Wednesday ,24 January
Trump 'imitates' Modi's accent in private conversation: ReportGMT 21:24 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Puigdemont accuses EU of not defending rights in CataloniaGMT 21:18 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Vietnam oil exec 'kidnapped' from Germany jailed for lifeGMT 21:08 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey in new assault on Kurdish militiaGMT 21:04 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey detains 24 over 'terror propaganda'GMT 20:52 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Dawoodi Bohra leader arrives in DubaiGMT 22:09 2018 Monday ,22 January
Israel apologises to JordanGMT 16:11 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Pope condemns criminals in crime-stricken Peruvian city

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor