
French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius on Monday issued a fresh message of support for the opposition Syrian National Coalition (SNC) and, particularly, for its leader Ahmad Al-Jarba. In a statement, Fabius said he had talks by telephone earlier in the day with Al-Jarba on the situation on the ground in Syria, especially the fierce fighting around Aleppo and the heavy bombardment of that town by Syrian government forces, including indiscriminate air raids that have killed hundreds of people over several days. "I condemn with the greatest firmness the odious acts committed these past days by the regime of Bashar Al-Assad, notably in Aleppo," Fabius said. He said he and Al-Jarba agreed to "actively prepare" the Geneva 2 Conference on Syria which is due to be held in January. A series of meetings are to be scheduled concerning this event, Fabius added.
GMT 01:03 2018 Wednesday ,24 January
Trump 'imitates' Modi's accent in private conversation: ReportGMT 21:24 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Puigdemont accuses EU of not defending rights in CataloniaGMT 21:18 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Vietnam oil exec 'kidnapped' from Germany jailed for lifeGMT 21:08 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey in new assault on Kurdish militiaGMT 21:04 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey detains 24 over 'terror propaganda'GMT 20:52 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Dawoodi Bohra leader arrives in DubaiGMT 22:09 2018 Monday ,22 January
Israel apologises to JordanGMT 16:11 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Pope condemns criminals in crime-stricken Peruvian city

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor