
The unification ministry approved a request by Hyundai Asan Corp. Friday to send six maintenance personnel to the Mount Kumgang resort so they can inspect various facilities ahead of the winter months. Hyundai Asan built hotels and numerous support facilities at the resort that opened to visitors in 1998. The company organized tours to the scenic resort until July of 2008, when the government stopped all visits after the shooting death of a South Korea tourist by a North Korean guard. "The crew will stay at the resort from Dec. 2 through Dec. 6 and take steps to 'cold-proof' pipes and other facilities," a ministry official said. He said permission was given because the personnel are going to the resrt to protect South Korean property. The ministry, which is in charge of approving all visits to the North, meanwhile, said the trip will be the first by South Koreans since Buddhists visited the area last month to take part in a ceremony at the Singye Temple.
GMT 01:03 2018 Wednesday ,24 January
Trump 'imitates' Modi's accent in private conversation: ReportGMT 21:24 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Puigdemont accuses EU of not defending rights in CataloniaGMT 21:18 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Vietnam oil exec 'kidnapped' from Germany jailed for lifeGMT 21:08 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey in new assault on Kurdish militiaGMT 21:04 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey detains 24 over 'terror propaganda'GMT 20:52 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Dawoodi Bohra leader arrives in DubaiGMT 22:09 2018 Monday ,22 January
Israel apologises to JordanGMT 16:11 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Pope condemns criminals in crime-stricken Peruvian city

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor