iran fm conveys discontent to kerry over blacklist
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Iran FM conveys discontent to Kerry over blacklist

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice Iran FM conveys discontent to Kerry over blacklist

Tehran - AFP

Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif has expressed Iran's "discontent" to his U.S .counterpart over the expansion of a blacklist of Iranian firms following a landmark nuclear accord, media reported Monday. Iran has accused Washington of going against the spirit of the deal reached in November by adding a dozen overseas companies and individuals to its blacklist for evading sanctions imposed on Tehran over its controversial nuclear program. Under the deal reached in Geneva in November, Iran agreed to freeze some of its nuclear activities in return for some sanctions relief for a six-month period. The agreement is aimed at buying time for a comprehensive accord. U.S. officials maintain the expansion of the blacklist does not entail additional sanctions, but merely the enforcement of the existing sanctions regime, which helped bring Iran to the negotiating table. But on Monday the Fars news agency, quoting a foreign ministry statement, said Zarif had "expressed Iran's discontent" during a telephone conversation with U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry, without specifying when the two spoke. The IRNA state news agency said it was the first conversation between the two top diplomats since the Geneva agreement was reached on November 24. A State Department official confirmed the telephone call, saying they "discussed the importance of moving forward on implementation of the Joint Plan of Action they agreed to in Geneva and of maintaining a constructive atmosphere as the negotiations continue." "The conversation was focused on the way forward," the official said, adding that the two spoke during Kerry's overnight Friday to Saturday flight from Israel to Vietnam. The blacklist decision led to the suspension of technical negotiations in Vienna last week between Iran and the so-called P5+1 -- the United States, Britain, France, Russia and China plus Germany. But on Sunday, Tehran said the negotiations would continue despite the move. "We are pursuing the negotiations seriously and of course we will give a well-considered, purposeful, smart and proper reaction to any inappropriate and unconstructive move," Zarif wrote on his Facebook page. Western nations have long suspected Iran is pursing nuclear weapons alongside its civilian program, allegations denied by Tehran, which insists its nuclear activities are entirely peaceful.

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

iran fm conveys discontent to kerry over blacklist iran fm conveys discontent to kerry over blacklist

 



Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

iran fm conveys discontent to kerry over blacklist iran fm conveys discontent to kerry over blacklist

 



GMT 10:18 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon eight

GMT 10:21 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon eleven

GMT 10:18 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon seven

GMT 09:58 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon four

GMT 10:31 2014 Tuesday ,23 December

Mirages of failure: Lebanon cannot wait

GMT 23:39 2017 Wednesday ,15 November

Pakistan to soon start producing commercial aircraft

GMT 10:02 2018 Wednesday ,24 January

Sanofi buys US haemophilia treatment

GMT 10:17 2017 Thursday ,21 December

Serena sorts out baby teething issues, hints at return

GMT 12:46 2018 Tuesday ,09 January

Macron endorses China's Silk Road but warns

GMT 06:57 2017 Thursday ,10 August

Iraqi minister meets with Dutch ambassador

GMT 19:24 2017 Thursday ,26 October

Human remains found in large Australian croc

GMT 15:01 2014 Monday ,15 December

Statue of Amenhotep III unveiled
 
 Emirates Voice Facebook,emirates voice facebook  Emirates Voice Twitter,emirates voice twitter Emirates Voice Rss,emirates voice rss  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

emiratesvoieen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen
emiratesvoice emiratesvoice emiratesvoice
emiratesvoice
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice