
Iran's Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Marzieh Afkham underlined that Tehran will continue its probe into the November bombing that targeted the Islamic Republics embassy in Beirut despite the death of al-Qaeda-linked Saudi terrorist Majed al-Majed, IRNA news agency reported. Majed’s death will not influence Iran’s resolve to follow up on the terrorist attack outside the Islamic Republic of Iran’s Embassy in Beirut through legal and international channels,” Afkham said on Saturday. She urged the Lebanese officials to put serious effort into bringing all the perpetrators to justice. On Saturday, the Lebanese army said Majed had died in a military hospital in Beirut while receiving medical treatment for kidney failure. The Saudi national, whose identity was confirmed by DNA testing, was the commander of the Abdullah Izzam Brigades and had been on Riyadhs most wanted list since 2009. The group is an al-Qaeda offshoot that operates throughout the Middle East and is responsible for the twin bomb attacks that targeted the Iranian Embassy in the Lebanese capital on November 19. The blasts killed 25 people and injured more than 150. Iran’s Cultural Attaché to Beirut Hojjatoleslam Ebrahim Ansari and the wife of another Iranian diplomat were among those killed. On Saturday, Irans Deputy Foreign Minister for Arab and African Affairs Hossein Amir-Abdollahian urged Lebanese officials to investigate the circumstances surrounding Majed’s death.
GMT 01:03 2018 Wednesday ,24 January
Trump 'imitates' Modi's accent in private conversation: ReportGMT 21:24 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Puigdemont accuses EU of not defending rights in CataloniaGMT 21:18 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Vietnam oil exec 'kidnapped' from Germany jailed for lifeGMT 21:08 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey in new assault on Kurdish militiaGMT 21:04 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey detains 24 over 'terror propaganda'GMT 20:52 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Dawoodi Bohra leader arrives in DubaiGMT 22:09 2018 Monday ,22 January
Israel apologises to JordanGMT 16:11 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Pope condemns criminals in crime-stricken Peruvian city

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor