iranian deputy fm calls on lebanon to scrutinise majed’s death
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Iranian deputy FM calls on Lebanon to scrutinise Majed’s death

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice Iranian deputy FM calls on Lebanon to scrutinise Majed’s death

Tehran - FNA

Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister Hossein Amir Abdollahian called on the Lebanese officials to probe the death of Majed al-Majed, the mastermind of the November 19 bombing attack on the Iranian embassy in Beirut. “It is incumbent upon the Lebanese officials to precisely study dimensions of Al-Majed’s death,” Amir Abdollahian said. The Iranian deputy foreign minister cautioned that Al-Majed’s death is surrounded by ambiguities. On Tuesday, the Lebanese security forces said they have arrested Majed al-Majed, the Saudi ringleader of Abdullah Izzam Brigade which has claimed responsibility for the November 19 bombings in front of Tehran’s embassy in Beirut, which left 23 dead, including cultural attaché Ebrahim Ansari. On Saturday, a Lebanese army General, who spoke on the conditions of anonymity in line with regulations, said Al-Majed died in custody in Lebanon. The General said Al-Majed died on Saturday after suffering kidney failure. Al-Majed, a Saudi citizen was detained in Lebanon late last month and had been held at a secret location. According to Islamist websites, al-Majed was announced as leader of the Brigades in 2012. The Abdullah Azzam Brigades was formed in 2009 and is believed to have branches in both the Arabian Peninsula and Lebanon, but may have been active as early as 2004. The reports came two days after a Lebanese minister told AFP that al-Majed had been arrested by the army's intelligence services, although no official statement has yet been issued over the detention. According to Lebanese state media, officials confirmed the suspect's identity through DNA testing. "Al-Majed's DNA was compared with those of his cousin, which confirmed his identity," NNA reported. Then in a shocking revelation on Thursday, Lebanese sources disclosed that Majed had taken orders from Saudi Spy Chief Prince Bandar bin Sultan. Lebanese information sources said that they have found information linking Majed al-Majed, the Saudi commander of the al-Qaeda affiliated group Abdullah Azzam Brigades who claimed responsibility for the attack to the Saudi spy chief. A few hours later on Thursday, the Iranian embassy in Beirut requested access to the investigation into the double suicide bombing. "The (caretaker) Foreign Ministry received a memo from Iranian authorities in which they asked to stay informed about the investigation with al-Majed, considering that the explosion took place on an Iranian soil," caretaker Foreign Minister Adnan Mansour told LBCI television. For its part, the Lebanese news site Naharnet reported that Iran's Ambassador to Lebanon Qazanfar Roknabadi announced that an Iranian intelligence delegation participated in inspecting the scene of the explosion near the embassy in Beirut's Southern suburbs. "Both Lebanese and Iranian authorities agreed that Iran will take part in the investigation," the Iranian ambassador said. In 2009, Lebanon sentenced Majed in absentia to life in prison for belonging to a different extremist group, the Al-Qaeda-inspired Fatah al-Islam. Earlier today, senior parliamentary officials in Tehran disclosed that Saudi Arabia had offered to pay $3bln to the Lebanese government in return for the extradition of Al-Majed, the suspected head of the Abdullah Azzam Brigades – Ziad al-Jarrah Battalion, that claimed responsibility for the November attack on the Iranian embassy in Beirut which killed 23 people. “The Saudi government has considered $3bln for the extradition of the individual behind the Iranian embassy blast in Lebanon, indicating that the remarks he might make are vitally important for the Saudi government,” Vice-Chairman of the parliament’s National Security and Foreign Policy Commission Mansour Haqiqatpour told FNA on Saturday. “Saudi Arabia has demanded Lebanon to extradite Majed in return for $3bln,” he reiterated. Haqiqatpour also underlined that Tehran is entitled to file a lawsuit at the UN against Saudi Arabia because the mid November attack was conducted on the Iranian embassy in Beirut.

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

iranian deputy fm calls on lebanon to scrutinise majed’s death iranian deputy fm calls on lebanon to scrutinise majed’s death

 



Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

iranian deputy fm calls on lebanon to scrutinise majed’s death iranian deputy fm calls on lebanon to scrutinise majed’s death

 



GMT 10:18 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon eight

GMT 10:21 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon eleven

GMT 10:18 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon seven

GMT 09:58 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon four

GMT 01:08 2017 Sunday ,08 October

Hawaii gets chance to make case for fighting

GMT 08:13 2017 Wednesday ,10 May

UAE Ambassador to UK, Minister discuss relations

GMT 07:16 2018 Thursday ,18 January

Macron's tapestry gesture risks rousing

GMT 12:04 2017 Sunday ,17 December

US plans Middle East peace push after 'cooling off'

GMT 02:38 2017 Tuesday ,25 July

Bahrain Parents Care Society launches programme

GMT 06:47 2016 Sunday ,15 May

2 journalists shot dead in 24 hours in India

GMT 03:40 2017 Thursday ,27 July

Jordan dealt with embassy’s crime in accordance

GMT 10:21 2012 Thursday ,01 March

Small Spaced Garden Tips

GMT 08:30 2016 Sunday ,10 April

War photographer and mother, the woman

GMT 23:31 2017 Saturday ,24 June

Israeli forces push deep
 
 Emirates Voice Facebook,emirates voice facebook  Emirates Voice Twitter,emirates voice twitter Emirates Voice Rss,emirates voice rss  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

emiratesvoieen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen
emiratesvoice emiratesvoice emiratesvoice
emiratesvoice
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice