
Suspected Jewish extremists cut down fruit trees belonging to Israeli Arabs overnight in an apparent revenge attack for Palestinian villagers beating up Jewish settlers, police said Friday. The vandals left placards in the orchard reading "Regards from Esh Kodesh," the West Bank settlement outpost whose residents were assaulted and briefly detained on Tuesday when they entered the Palestinian village of Qusra, some wearing masks. The vandals struck near Kfar Qasim, an Israeli Arab town that borders the West Bank some 40 kilometres (25 miles) west of Qusra, police spokeswoman Luba Samri said. Seven of the dozen settlers involved in the original incident were meanwhile remanded in custody on Thursday night, Samri added. They had been under house arrest since the army negotiated their release by the villagers while police investigated why they had entered Qusra in the first place. The Palestinian government paid tribute to the villagers Thursday, saying they had acted in "self-defence" following numerous assaults by the settlers from Esh Kodesh, a few kilometres (a couple of miles) to the north.
GMT 01:03 2018 Wednesday ,24 January
Trump 'imitates' Modi's accent in private conversation: ReportGMT 21:24 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Puigdemont accuses EU of not defending rights in CataloniaGMT 21:18 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Vietnam oil exec 'kidnapped' from Germany jailed for lifeGMT 21:08 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey in new assault on Kurdish militiaGMT 21:04 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey detains 24 over 'terror propaganda'GMT 20:52 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Dawoodi Bohra leader arrives in DubaiGMT 22:09 2018 Monday ,22 January
Israel apologises to JordanGMT 16:11 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Pope condemns criminals in crime-stricken Peruvian city

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor