italian marines fail to appear in delhi court in fishermen killing case
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Italian marines fail to appear in Delhi court in fishermen killing case

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice Italian marines fail to appear in Delhi court in fishermen killing case

New Delhi - XINHUA

Two Italian marines, accused of killing two Indian fishermen off the southern state of Kerala's coast in 2012, Wednesday failed to appear before a special court in the national capital. The court had in December last year summoned the two Italian marines -- Massimiliano Latorre and Salvatore Girone -- and set Jan. 8 as their appearance date in the wake of a plea by the country's anti-terror National Investigation Agency (NIA) which sought custody of the accused in the case. However, the counsel for the two marines -- currently out on bail and working at the Italian embassy in the Indian capital -- told judge Dharmesh Sharma that there were certain "legal issues" which needed to be addressed before the special court could decide on the aspect of the custody of the accused. He also sought exemption from personal appearance by the two marines on the ground that the NIA was yet to file a charge sheet in the case, to which the public prosecutor protested. However, the court granted the two marines personal exemption from appearance for the day, saying, "Without going into the merits of the applications (of the marines), accused are exempted from personal appearance for today." But, the judge asked the two marines to respond to the NIA's plea within 15 days and set Jan. 30 as the next date of hearing. The case dates back to February 2012 when the two marines on board an Italian merchant vessel fired at a group of Indian fishermen allegedly mistaking them as pirates, in which two fishermen were killed off the coast of Kerala. The marines were subsequently arrested and got bail after being in custody for several months in Kerala, before the Supreme Court stepped in and allowed the NIA to probe the case against them in the special court in the national capital. The incident had sparked a diplomatic row between India and Italy. While Italy says the alleged killing took place in international waters and seeks the two accused to be tried in a global court, India insists that the marines had fired at the fishermen on this country's territorial waters.

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

italian marines fail to appear in delhi court in fishermen killing case italian marines fail to appear in delhi court in fishermen killing case

 



Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

italian marines fail to appear in delhi court in fishermen killing case italian marines fail to appear in delhi court in fishermen killing case

 



GMT 10:18 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon eight

GMT 10:21 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon eleven

GMT 10:18 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon seven

GMT 09:58 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon four

GMT 01:08 2017 Sunday ,08 October

Hawaii gets chance to make case for fighting

GMT 08:13 2017 Wednesday ,10 May

UAE Ambassador to UK, Minister discuss relations

GMT 07:16 2018 Thursday ,18 January

Macron's tapestry gesture risks rousing

GMT 12:04 2017 Sunday ,17 December

US plans Middle East peace push after 'cooling off'

GMT 02:38 2017 Tuesday ,25 July

Bahrain Parents Care Society launches programme

GMT 06:47 2016 Sunday ,15 May

2 journalists shot dead in 24 hours in India

GMT 03:40 2017 Thursday ,27 July

Jordan dealt with embassy’s crime in accordance

GMT 10:21 2012 Thursday ,01 March

Small Spaced Garden Tips

GMT 08:30 2016 Sunday ,10 April

War photographer and mother, the woman

GMT 23:31 2017 Saturday ,24 June

Israeli forces push deep
 
 Emirates Voice Facebook,emirates voice facebook  Emirates Voice Twitter,emirates voice twitter Emirates Voice Rss,emirates voice rss  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

emiratesvoieen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen
emiratesvoice emiratesvoice emiratesvoice
emiratesvoice
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice