kenyan court denies 4 terror suspects bail
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Kenyan court denies 4 terror suspects bail

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice Kenyan court denies 4 terror suspects bail

Nairobi - XINHUA

A Kenyan court on Wednesday declined to grant bail to four key suspects in connection with the deadly terrorist attack on the Westgate mall on Sept. 21. Chief magistrate Kiarie Waweru said that prosecution had given convincing reasons to reject the bail application by the four accused persons. Kiarie ruled that the public interest necessitated that they remain in custody in the wake of recent terror attacks in the East African nation. "It is in public interest that the accused remain in custody. Since the identity of the third accused is still unknown, there are compelling reasons to withhold bail," Kiarie said. The four suspects are Mohammed Ahmed Abdi, Liban Abdullah Omar, Ibrahim alias Adan Dheq and Hussein Hassan Mustafah. The four Somali nationals faced a total of seven counts when they first appeared before acting chief magistrate Dolphin Okundi in Nairobi. State counsel Mungai Warui told the court that the four jointly with others allegedly supported and carried out a terrorist attack at Westgate shopping mall on Sept. 21. But on Wednesday, the magistrate said he was in agreement with objection by the prosecution led by senior state counsel James Mungai Warui that there had been numerous terror attacks in the country and releasing the accused persons could deter the justice process. He said that the prosecution had also informed the court that investigations were still underway and that the accused had no fixed residence since they were refugees. "Every person whether a Kenyan or foreigner has a right to be released on bail but at the same time court has a right to ensure public safety is catered for in its decisions," the magistrate ruled. Kiarie ordered that the accused persons be remanded until Dec. 18 when their case will be mentioned before the trial magistrate "This position has been reviewed later before the trial court on Dec. 18," Kiarie said, upholding the objections raised by the prosecution for the release of the suspects on bail The prosecution accuses the four suspects of carrying out a terror act and that they committed the offenses jointly with others who were not in court. Abdi, Mustafah and Omar were separately accused of knowingly supporting Mohammed Abdinur Said, Hassan Dhuhullow and others in committing the terror attack. Dheq was further accused of harboring terror suspects, obtaining registrations of identity cards by false pretenses and being in the East African nation illegally. The prosecution told the magistrate that on or before Oct. 7 at Salman al-Farsi Madrassa along Muyuyu Avenue Eastleigh, which is largely inhabited by Kenyans of Somali origin, he knowingly harbored Abdikadir Hared Mohammed, a terror suspect.

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

kenyan court denies 4 terror suspects bail kenyan court denies 4 terror suspects bail

 



Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

kenyan court denies 4 terror suspects bail kenyan court denies 4 terror suspects bail

 



GMT 10:18 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon eight

GMT 10:21 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon eleven

GMT 09:58 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon four

GMT 10:18 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon seven

GMT 05:04 2024 Tuesday ,06 February

Skincare PR Performance Full Year 2017

GMT 11:03 2018 Tuesday ,23 January

No end to eyesores at Taj Mahal

GMT 10:21 2018 Monday ,22 January

Hindi Diwas celebrations at Bhavans Kuwait

GMT 15:35 2018 Wednesday ,29 August

Could EU recession lead to more protectionism?

GMT 12:06 2017 Sunday ,19 February

Iran discovers two-billion-barrel shale oil reserves

GMT 14:57 2017 Wednesday ,08 February

US trade deficit falls more than expected in December

GMT 10:20 2018 Friday ,19 January

Talks underway in Catalonia to pick regional leader

GMT 04:32 2017 Saturday ,21 January

Indians try to learn e-payments on the fly

GMT 20:12 2012 Friday ,10 February

1 in 4 UK children targeted by cyber bullying

GMT 12:18 2017 Friday ,10 February

Japan condemns Israel for adopting Bill

GMT 05:08 2017 Wednesday ,31 May

300 drones spread Ramadan message

GMT 06:35 2015 Thursday ,19 February

My intentions are extremely pure

GMT 00:26 2017 Wednesday ,27 September

President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi leaves UAE
 
 Emirates Voice Facebook,emirates voice facebook  Emirates Voice Twitter,emirates voice twitter Emirates Voice Rss,emirates voice rss  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

emiratesvoieen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen
emiratesvoice emiratesvoice emiratesvoice
emiratesvoice
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice