
The State of Kuwait has donated USD 10 million to the people of the Philippines to help in coping with effects of the Haiyan typhoon that swept the nation in November. The donation was given to the Asian country upon instructions of His Highness the Amir Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah, said the Kuwaiti Ambassador to the Philippines, Walid Al-Kanderi, in a statement released by the embassy on Friday. Kuwait Red Cross Society, in cooperation with the embassy, and the Philippine Red Cross, have arranged delivery of food and other necessities for 10,000 families, he said, indicating that the materials have been purchased from the Philippines' local market. A joint delegation of the Red Crescent and the embassy headed for villages and towns that were affected with the deadly typhoon, last week, to oversee distribution of the humanitarian materials and examine other locals' needs. Kuwait had donated USD one million to the Asian nation in 2011 following a similar natural catastrophe. Kuwaiti aid was also given in 2005 when the country witnessed floods.
GMT 01:03 2018 Wednesday ,24 January
Trump 'imitates' Modi's accent in private conversation: ReportGMT 21:24 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Puigdemont accuses EU of not defending rights in CataloniaGMT 21:18 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Vietnam oil exec 'kidnapped' from Germany jailed for lifeGMT 21:08 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey in new assault on Kurdish militiaGMT 21:04 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey detains 24 over 'terror propaganda'GMT 20:52 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Dawoodi Bohra leader arrives in DubaiGMT 22:09 2018 Monday ,22 January
Israel apologises to JordanGMT 16:11 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Pope condemns criminals in crime-stricken Peruvian city

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor