
Authorities determined that bomber who blew himself up in southern Beirut on Thursday was a young Lebanese who hailed from northern province Wadi Khaled.Official National News Agency (NNA) said DNA tests on the corpse remains of the purported suicide attacker revealed that he was Qutaiba Al-Satem, a young man from the northern town, Hanaidar.Investigators who combed the scene of the Thursday explosion in Haret Hureik, South Beirut, found an identity paper bearing his name and his birth date, 1994.Lebanese Army intelligence interrogated Al-Satem's father in the northern town, before he was transferred to the military headquarters on Beirut's outskirts for DNA tests and comparison with identical tests that had been conducted on remains of his dead son.The interior minister of the care-taker government, Marwan Sherbel, stated that the father had notified security authorities, on December 30, that his son had disappeared and he had no clue about his whereabouts.Meanwhile, the army confirmed in a statement that the blast that killed four people and wounded more than 60 others was caused by 20 kilograms of explosives, planted in a four-wheel vehicle.Lebanese television stations broadcast pictures of remains of the said suicide bomber, being collected at the scene of the explosion. They also reported that the bomber, according to messages posted on the internet, advocated beliefs of the notorious group Al-Qaeda. (end) oh.rk KUNA 040930 Jan 14NNNN
GMT 01:03 2018 Wednesday ,24 January
Trump 'imitates' Modi's accent in private conversation: ReportGMT 21:24 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Puigdemont accuses EU of not defending rights in CataloniaGMT 21:18 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Vietnam oil exec 'kidnapped' from Germany jailed for lifeGMT 21:08 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey in new assault on Kurdish militiaGMT 21:04 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey detains 24 over 'terror propaganda'GMT 20:52 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Dawoodi Bohra leader arrives in DubaiGMT 22:09 2018 Monday ,22 January
Israel apologises to JordanGMT 16:11 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Pope condemns criminals in crime-stricken Peruvian city

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor