
Libya's Justice Minister Salah Marghani has condemned a series of abductions of six Egyptian diplomats, and stressed that in-depth contact is being made with the abductees to free the Egyptians. Earlier on Saturday the Egyptian cultural attache along with another three diplomats were abducted following the abduction of the Egyptian embassy's administrative attache and another diplomat a day prior by a group of gunmen. "Talks are being held between both sides on the highest levels," the minister told a press conference on Saturday. "Libyan authorities are concerned for the safety of the abducted diplomats and wish to put an end to the crisis in the quickest time possible," he added. On the other hand, he called on Egyptian authorities to reveal the circumstances behind the arrest of Libyan Islamist, Shaaban Hadiya a few days ago in Alexandria. The minister said he hoped the individual had not committed serious offences. Shaaban is a senior figure of the Islamist group, the Libyan Revolutionaries Operations Room.
GMT 01:03 2018 Wednesday ,24 January
Trump 'imitates' Modi's accent in private conversation: ReportGMT 21:24 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Puigdemont accuses EU of not defending rights in CataloniaGMT 21:18 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Vietnam oil exec 'kidnapped' from Germany jailed for lifeGMT 21:08 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey in new assault on Kurdish militiaGMT 21:04 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey detains 24 over 'terror propaganda'GMT 20:52 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Dawoodi Bohra leader arrives in DubaiGMT 22:09 2018 Monday ,22 January
Israel apologises to JordanGMT 16:11 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Pope condemns criminals in crime-stricken Peruvian city

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor