
The Acting Chief Prosecutor in the Capital, Mr. Mohammed Al-Maliki, said that the Grand Criminal Court's 4h Chamber issued its verdicts today on the lawsuit known as the Riffa terrorist bombing. The court handed down life sentences to the first and second convicts and fifteen years' incarceration to the third and fourth convicts on charges of forming a terrorist organization in contravention of the law in order to assault the physical safety of individuals, damage public and private properties, and infringe on freedoms and rights by means of using terrorism as one of their tools in achieving and implementing their evil purposes. They also knowingly joined that terrorist organization, carried out a bomb explosion for the purpose of terrifying unwary people, trained on manufacturing explosives in addition to the charge of stealing two cars. The details of this case are summed up in that the suspects conspired to cause a terror blast at a mosque in Riffa area for the purpose of terrifying innocent people, breaching public security and stealing two cars to use them in implementing their terrorist plot. As soon as the incident had been reported, the Public Prosecution investigated it, carried out inspection of the crime scene, assessed damage incurred to cars which happened to be parked there at the time of the explosion. The Public Prosecution dispatched crime-scene experts, forensic laboratory teams and explosives experts who examined clues and traces found at the crime-scene and determined the sort of explosives used in the blast. Thorough investigations concluded that the suspects had deliberately plotted to cause the terrorist explosion when multitudes of worshippers arrived to perform Tarawih prayers at the targeted mosque during the holy month of Ramadan in order to inflict maximum physical injuries, property damage, fright and panicking. Investigations led to pinpointing the culprits. The Prosecution issued arrest warrants and summons as well as inspection of their homes, interrogating and facing them with uncovered evidences then ordered to refer them to criminal court trial. The lawsuit was heard in court sessions until the court has issued its verdict in favor of convicting and penalizing the above-said suspects. The Acting Chief Prosecutor said that this verdict comes commensurate with the dangerous crime committed by the convicts who had chosen a mosque in order to violate the sanctity of a place of worship and the holy month of Ramadan especially at the time of Tarawih prayers to carry out their terrorist plot that bespeaks of their mean purposes and criminal terrorist plot.
GMT 01:03 2018 Wednesday ,24 January
Trump 'imitates' Modi's accent in private conversation: ReportGMT 21:24 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Puigdemont accuses EU of not defending rights in CataloniaGMT 21:18 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Vietnam oil exec 'kidnapped' from Germany jailed for lifeGMT 21:08 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey in new assault on Kurdish militiaGMT 21:04 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey detains 24 over 'terror propaganda'GMT 20:52 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Dawoodi Bohra leader arrives in DubaiGMT 22:09 2018 Monday ,22 January
Israel apologises to JordanGMT 16:11 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Pope condemns criminals in crime-stricken Peruvian city

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor