
Malaysian police said Saturday the gunmen who shot dead a tourist from Taiwan and kidnapped his wife on Pom Pom Island, Semporna, on Friday had links to a terrorist group. Inspector-General of Police Khalid Abu Bakar said the group was notorious for kidnapping but no ransom demand had been made for the safe return of Chang An Wei, 58. "The initial information we have is that there were eight of them. They were a band of opportunists that took advantage of the security void left by Filipino border authorities that had been moved to concentrate on the (Typhoon) Haiyan disaster up north," he said. Khalid did not rule out the involvement of locals in the planning of the raid, but said police were investigating if these individuals were Sabahans or Filipinos who slipped through the border.
GMT 01:03 2018 Wednesday ,24 January
Trump 'imitates' Modi's accent in private conversation: ReportGMT 21:24 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Puigdemont accuses EU of not defending rights in CataloniaGMT 21:18 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Vietnam oil exec 'kidnapped' from Germany jailed for lifeGMT 21:08 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey in new assault on Kurdish militiaGMT 21:04 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey detains 24 over 'terror propaganda'GMT 20:52 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Dawoodi Bohra leader arrives in DubaiGMT 22:09 2018 Monday ,22 January
Israel apologises to JordanGMT 16:11 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Pope condemns criminals in crime-stricken Peruvian city

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor