Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov will attend a Quartet meeting of international mediators on the Middle East peace process in New York, the Russian Foreign Ministry said on Wednesday. Quartet consultations will take place on the sidelines of a UN Security council ministerial meeting on the Middle East and North Africa next Monday. “Russia initiated the event in January 2012,” the ministry said. The peace process has been stalled for more than a year, bedeviled by continuing Israeli settlement construction in the occupied Palestinian territories and by the Palestinians\' bid for full membership to the United Nations. The Quartet, comprising the UN, the European Union, Russia and the United States, resumed peace talks this September with the goal of bringing the two sides to the negotiating table after bilateral talks stalled last year.
GMT 01:03 2018 Wednesday ,24 January
Trump 'imitates' Modi's accent in private conversation: ReportGMT 21:24 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Puigdemont accuses EU of not defending rights in CataloniaGMT 21:18 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Vietnam oil exec 'kidnapped' from Germany jailed for lifeGMT 21:08 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey in new assault on Kurdish militiaGMT 21:04 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey detains 24 over 'terror propaganda'GMT 20:52 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Dawoodi Bohra leader arrives in DubaiGMT 22:09 2018 Monday ,22 January
Israel apologises to JordanGMT 16:11 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Pope condemns criminals in crime-stricken Peruvian city

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor