
South Korea carried out a live-fire drill on the country's northwestern islands despite North Korea's opposition, defense ministry spokesman Kim Min-seok said. Before Tuesday's drill, the North Korea National Defense Commission sent a fax urging South Korean President Park Geun-hye to cancel the demonstration. "North Korea called on South Korea to stop the live-fire artillery exercise, threatening grave consequences," Kim told the Yonhap News Agency. The South Korean defense ministry's policy director replied and said the drill is legitimate, held in South Korean waters and is necessary to improve the Marine Corps' readiness. North Korea did not take any action during Tuesday's drill, which took place on the Yeonpyeong and Baengnyeong islands and lasted an hour. North Korea has previously spoken out against the drills, which South Korea holds every few months, the News Agency said.
GMT 01:03 2018 Wednesday ,24 January
Trump 'imitates' Modi's accent in private conversation: ReportGMT 21:24 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Puigdemont accuses EU of not defending rights in CataloniaGMT 21:18 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Vietnam oil exec 'kidnapped' from Germany jailed for lifeGMT 21:08 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey in new assault on Kurdish militiaGMT 21:04 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey detains 24 over 'terror propaganda'GMT 20:52 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Dawoodi Bohra leader arrives in DubaiGMT 22:09 2018 Monday ,22 January
Israel apologises to JordanGMT 16:11 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Pope condemns criminals in crime-stricken Peruvian city

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor