The man who confessed to killing 77 people in Norway in July will remain in custody for two more months and in solitary confinement for half that period, a court in Oslo has ruled.The decision was made after a hearing attended by Anders Behring Breivik. The 32-year-old right-wing extremist admitted planting a car bomb, which killed eight people in the Norwegian capital on 22 July. He then shot dead 69 people at a youth camp on the island of Utoeya. The court ruled on Monday that Mr Breivik could be held in total isolation until 17 October, and in custody with a ban on visitors and correspondence until 14 November. \"The court does not find it unreasonable that he be kept in complete isolation due to the risk that he - through other inmates - could contact possible accomplices... and taint evidence,\" judge Anne Margrethe Lund said.Mr Breivik\'s lawyer told the AFP news agency that his client had addressed the hearing. \"The accused spoke about the difficulty of being held in isolation,\" Geir Lippestad said. He declined to give more details. The court had initially ordered an open hearing, but that decision was later overruled by a higher court after police appealed against it. Mr Breivik has admitted to the July killings but denies criminal responsibility. He has said the massacre was \"necessary\" to save Norway and Europe from Muslims and multiculturalism. Earlier this month it emerged that Mr Breivik was filmed by security cameras before he launched the attacks.A photo published in the media showed him dressed in a police uniform and carrying a gun as he walks away after planting a bomb in a car in Oslo. The image came from monitoring cameras at government headquarters and was taken six minutes before the car bomb exploded.No-one in the building raised the alarm, Norway\'s ABC Nyheter newspaper said on its website.
GMT 01:03 2018 Wednesday ,24 January
Trump 'imitates' Modi's accent in private conversation: ReportGMT 21:24 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Puigdemont accuses EU of not defending rights in CataloniaGMT 21:18 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Vietnam oil exec 'kidnapped' from Germany jailed for lifeGMT 21:08 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey in new assault on Kurdish militiaGMT 21:04 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey detains 24 over 'terror propaganda'GMT 20:52 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Dawoodi Bohra leader arrives in DubaiGMT 22:09 2018 Monday ,22 January
Israel apologises to JordanGMT 16:11 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Pope condemns criminals in crime-stricken Peruvian city

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor