The Bahraini Public Prosecutor in charge of criminal cases involving medics will present evidence against only five accused, charged with the most serious offences relating to last year\'s unrest. Public Prosecutor Abdul Rahman Al Sayyed said the evidence deals with crimes such as the takeover of Salmaniya Medical Complex during the height of the unrest, detailed in the Bahrain Independent Commission of Inquiry report, the Information Affairs Authority said last night. He said charges against the other medics, like breaching patient confidentiality by allowing cameras into the hospital, leading protests inside the hospital and transforming it into a political arena, and discriminating against patients based on their sect, will be considered as violations of the code of medical ethics. Al Sayyed called on the court to transfer such cases to the medical disciplinary board. He added the prosecution had approached the charges objectively and fairly, and presented evidence and prosecuted the cases in a timely manner, the IAA said.
GMT 01:03 2018 Wednesday ,24 January
Trump 'imitates' Modi's accent in private conversation: ReportGMT 21:24 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Puigdemont accuses EU of not defending rights in CataloniaGMT 21:18 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Vietnam oil exec 'kidnapped' from Germany jailed for lifeGMT 21:08 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey in new assault on Kurdish militiaGMT 21:04 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey detains 24 over 'terror propaganda'GMT 20:52 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Dawoodi Bohra leader arrives in DubaiGMT 22:09 2018 Monday ,22 January
Israel apologises to JordanGMT 16:11 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Pope condemns criminals in crime-stricken Peruvian city

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor