
At least 66 people were killed and over 140 injured in deadly clashes in South Sudan's capital Juba between government forces and soldiers involved in a failed coup attempt on President Salva Kiir. The radio of the UN mission in South Sudan quoted a doctor at the military hospital as saying that 66 soldiers were killed in the clashes broke out Sunday night. "So far we have lost seven soldiers who died while they were waiting for medical attention and a further 59 who were killed outside," Doctor Ajak Bullen said to the UN radio (Miraya). Earlier, South Sudan's State Minister for Health Makur Korion said the military clashes in Juba since Sunday night have left 26 people dead and 140 others injured. The UN Mission in South Sudan announced Tuesday that about 13,000 civilians were now taking refuge from the fighting in two UN compounds. The fighting still going on and gunfire still audible and streets were almost deserted except for military vehicles. South Sudan's Presidency announced Monday foiling a military coup attempt by sacked Vice-President Riek Machar.
GMT 01:03 2018 Wednesday ,24 January
Trump 'imitates' Modi's accent in private conversation: ReportGMT 21:24 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Puigdemont accuses EU of not defending rights in CataloniaGMT 21:18 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Vietnam oil exec 'kidnapped' from Germany jailed for lifeGMT 21:08 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey in new assault on Kurdish militiaGMT 21:04 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey detains 24 over 'terror propaganda'GMT 20:52 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Dawoodi Bohra leader arrives in DubaiGMT 22:09 2018 Monday ,22 January
Israel apologises to JordanGMT 16:11 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Pope condemns criminals in crime-stricken Peruvian city

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor