Pakistani Taliban Monday accepted talks offer by Prime Minister Yusuf Raza Gilani, raising hopes for end of bloodshed if two sides would reach any ceasefire agreement. Prime Minister Gilani said on Sunday that his government will hold talks with Taliban but the army will launch operation in the tribal regions if the talks were failed. Major political and religious parties in a conference last week asked the government to hold talks with the armed groups to end violence in the country. Top military leadership had also attended the conference and observers believe that the decision to hold talks with Taliban had also the military’s backing. Deputy Chief of Tehreek-e -Taliban Pakistan (TTP), Maulvi Faqir Mohammad, welcomed Prime Minister’s talks offer and said that his group believes in peace and is ready for direct talks with the government, conditionally without any intermediaries. Pakistan army says that Maulavi Faqir has now established bases in Afghanistan’s border region after fleeing the Bajaur tribal region as the result of military operation. Faqir also asked the government to revisit its relations with the US. He told section of the Pakistani media that the group ‘believes in peace but said that TTP did not want the government in the northwestern Khyber Pakhtoonnkhwa to be a part of the talks, giving no reason. He added that his group does not have any agenda against Pakistan, but only wanted imposition of Islamic law in the country.
GMT 01:03 2018 Wednesday ,24 January
Trump 'imitates' Modi's accent in private conversation: ReportGMT 21:24 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Puigdemont accuses EU of not defending rights in CataloniaGMT 21:18 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Vietnam oil exec 'kidnapped' from Germany jailed for lifeGMT 21:08 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey in new assault on Kurdish militiaGMT 21:04 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey detains 24 over 'terror propaganda'GMT 20:52 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Dawoodi Bohra leader arrives in DubaiGMT 22:09 2018 Monday ,22 January
Israel apologises to JordanGMT 16:11 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Pope condemns criminals in crime-stricken Peruvian city

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor