
An peace deal which was expected to be signed on Monday between the government of Democratic Republic of Congo and the battered rebel group M23 was postponed, Ugandan government spokesman Ofwono Opondo said. The two sides failed to sign the deal because the DRC delegation demanded more time to study the agreement, according to Opondo who, however, did not give information about when the accord will be inked. The latest development came after the M23 said earlier in the day that it would sign a peace deal with the government on Monday in Uganda, which has hosted a series of talks since December 2012. In a statement released on Monday, the M23 said a ceremony would be held in the day in the Ugandan town of Entebbe to mark the end of the rebellion. The rebel group has decided to sign an agreement to lay down arms since its insurgency in April 2012. M23 commander Sultani Makenga and hundreds of his followers fled into Uganda and surrendered last week after dislodged from their last positions in DR Congo.
GMT 01:03 2018 Wednesday ,24 January
Trump 'imitates' Modi's accent in private conversation: ReportGMT 21:24 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Puigdemont accuses EU of not defending rights in CataloniaGMT 21:18 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Vietnam oil exec 'kidnapped' from Germany jailed for lifeGMT 21:08 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey in new assault on Kurdish militiaGMT 21:04 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey detains 24 over 'terror propaganda'GMT 20:52 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Dawoodi Bohra leader arrives in DubaiGMT 22:09 2018 Monday ,22 January
Israel apologises to JordanGMT 16:11 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Pope condemns criminals in crime-stricken Peruvian city

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor