philippine government mulls to take over typhoondevastated tacloban city
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice
Last Updated : GMT 05:17:37
Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Philippine government mulls to take over typhoon-devastated Tacloban city

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice

Emiratesvoice, emirates voice Philippine government mulls to take over typhoon-devastated Tacloban city

Manila - XINHUA

The national government may temporarily take over Tacloban City to ensure timely data- gathering, distribution of relief assistance and maintenance of public order before the city government is able to function properly after Typhoon "Haiyan" hit the region, Philippine President Benigno Aquino III said Sunday. Aquino made the remarks after inspecting the affected areas in Tacloban city. He flew to the city on Sunday morning and led the distribution of relief goods to some of the victims of typhoon " Haiyan," also locally named "Yolanda." In a media interview held at the Tacloban Airport, Aquino said a state of emergency may be declared if there is a breakdown of local government unit or it has been rendered ineffective following the calamity. The National Food Authority (NFA) has brought at least 114,00 sacks of rice into Tacloban city alone which is ready for distribution, Aquino said. But local residents were still in panic and resorted to looting, as they don't know help is on the way due to lacking news from radio and television as a result of power suspension. He reassured that the government has enough funds and that the administration's main priority at the moment is to provide relief assistance to the victims and to find and rescue those who survive the calamity. Cabinet Secretary Rene Almendras said Sunday at a briefing in Roxas City, also a worst-hit area in the province of Capiz, that roads going to and from Tacloban had already been cleared which would enable the faster delivery of relief good and allow access to personnel that would restore telecommunication and power supply. He said several logistics and command centers for the rescue, relief operation, and rehabilitation operations had also been set up in different places like Roxas City, Cebu City, and Iloilo where the delivery and repacking of food and non-food items would be done. The Department of Transportation and Communication will be bringing in some public buses to Tacloban in the coming days to assist local residents who may wish to leave the city and temporarily seek shelter with their relatives in other parts of the country, he said. "Haiyan," the most powerful typhoon in the Philippines in its history, has wrought destruction across the Visayas region and other coastal areas, killing an estimated 10,000 people in Leyte province alone.

Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

philippine government mulls to take over typhoondevastated tacloban city philippine government mulls to take over typhoondevastated tacloban city

 



Name *

E-mail *

Comment Title*

Comment *

: Characters Left

Mandatory *

Terms of use

Publishing Terms: Not to offend the author, or to persons or sanctities or attacking religions or divine self. And stay away from sectarian and racial incitement and insults.

I agree with the Terms of Use

Security Code*

philippine government mulls to take over typhoondevastated tacloban city philippine government mulls to take over typhoondevastated tacloban city

 



GMT 10:18 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon eight

GMT 10:21 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon eleven

GMT 10:18 2016 Wednesday ,23 March

cartoon seven

GMT 10:31 2014 Tuesday ,23 December

Mirages of failure: Lebanon cannot wait

GMT 05:17 2024 Wednesday ,07 February

Amazon to open first cashierless shop

GMT 10:18 2018 Thursday ,30 August

Iran incapable of closing Hormuz, Bab Al Mandeb

GMT 05:14 2024 Wednesday ,07 February

Sophisticated Classic Dining Room Design Ideas

GMT 12:56 2017 Friday ,15 December

UN blames Damascus for 'golden opportunity missed'

GMT 05:35 2016 Friday ,17 June

Twilight justice: Germany's Nazi trials

GMT 04:22 2017 Thursday ,22 June

Sandy, dusty weekend for UAE

GMT 14:57 2017 Wednesday ,09 August

Bahrain wins Arab contest
 
 Emirates Voice Facebook,emirates voice facebook  Emirates Voice Twitter,emirates voice twitter Emirates Voice Rss,emirates voice rss  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube  Emirates Voice Youtube,emirates voice youtube

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©

emiratesvoieen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen emiratesvoiceen
emiratesvoice emiratesvoice emiratesvoice
emiratesvoice
بناية النخيل - رأس النبع _ خلف السفارة الفرنسية _بيروت - لبنان
emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice, Emiratesvoice