
The Philippine military said Wednesday that it will recruit 20,000 new soldiers in the next three years to beef up its force currently estimated at 120,000. Armed Forces of the Philippines chief Gen. Emmanuel Bautista said the military is also looking at acquiring more ships, aircraft and equipment. In an interview with local television station ABS-CBN News Channel, Bautista said the recruitment of more soldiers will entail a cost of about 10 billion pesos (223.53 million U.S. dollars). "The ideal situation is that we would have enough troops to address all our mandates. There has been no increase in the strength of the Armed Forces for a long long time, given that our population has increased tremendously also," he said. The military had proposed the recruitment of more soldiers as early as last year. The plan was to recruit 19,204 army officers and men and 796 navy and marine officers and men.
GMT 01:03 2018 Wednesday ,24 January
Trump 'imitates' Modi's accent in private conversation: ReportGMT 21:24 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Puigdemont accuses EU of not defending rights in CataloniaGMT 21:18 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Vietnam oil exec 'kidnapped' from Germany jailed for lifeGMT 21:08 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey in new assault on Kurdish militiaGMT 21:04 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Turkey detains 24 over 'terror propaganda'GMT 20:52 2018 Tuesday ,23 January
Dawoodi Bohra leader arrives in DubaiGMT 22:09 2018 Monday ,22 January
Israel apologises to JordanGMT 16:11 2018 Sunday ,21 January
Pope condemns criminals in crime-stricken Peruvian city

Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Maintained and developed by Arabs Today Group SAL.
All rights reserved to Arab Today Media Group 2025 ©
Send your comments
Your comment as a visitor